The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

On assignment: Wide Angle

photoSmart42

I finally got some level of wide angle capability on my GH1. Picked up an Olympus WCON-08B wide angle conversion lens, which turns the 14-140 into a 10mm in 16:9 aspect ratio. It's a bit soft around the edges, but it works. Not bad for $45. Feel free to post your own wide angle shots.

Here are some of mine:

Panasonic GH1 + 14-140mm + Olympus WCON-08B (62mm); @14mm

zcream

Any idea what the light loss works out to be ? I am thinking of this WA adapter as well. But normally these have an F2 light loss on their own.

photoSmart42

Any idea what the light loss works out to be ? I am thinking of this WA adapter as well. But normally these have an F2 light loss on their own.
There's no light loss. My GH1 metered the scene I tested exactly the same with and without the WCON.

Here's what it looks like attached to my 14-140 (yes, it's as large as it looks):

apicius9

Very nice, not quite as compact as a Computar 12.5/1.3 c-mount though ;) But considerably cheaper than the Oly or Pana wide zoom lens, so I looked on ebay and just won a WCON for $19.49. Cheap enough to play around with it. I don't have the lenses in front of me, when I use it with the 14-45 and the 14-140, will I need step-up converters?

Stefan

photoSmart42

I don't have the lenses in front of me, when I use it with the 14-45 and the 14-140, will I need step-up converters?
Congrats on the new acquisition! The 62mm thread fits the 14-140 directly. I noticed that if I fit it on top my lens filter it vignettes, so I had to take the filter off. I'm guessing that means it'll vignette on the 14-45 once you use the step rings, but I haven't tried it on mine to confirm one way or another. It's made for the Olympus E-10 (whatever that is).