The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH1, NEX5, 3 Samyangs & moonlight

hot

Yesterday was a wonderful moonlight evening, taking GH1, NEX5 and my three Samyangs (8mm/3.5, 14mm/2.8, 85mm/1.4) ... and up the hill!
Four hours total silence, no sound, no car, no airplane, 0.000 decibel.

Pictures with full open aperture, look into EXIF for camera/ISO/time

Samyang 14mm

Samyang 8mm - der lange Schatten, hmm, das ist Cool

Samyang 8mm

Samyang 14mm

Samyang 8mm

Samyang 85mm - GH1, crop2

Samyang 85mm - NEX5, crop 1.5

hot

Darkness, only moon - tripod.
NO postprocessing, out of camera, only resized with IrfanView

left of tower: a meteorite

hot

... in chapel only three little candles - first picture total darkness (25 sec), second pictures + little LED flashlight (30 sec)

Two hours later: wonderful lightning storm with flashes :) ... running ...

JGH

WOW !!! Stunning. Amazing low light shots. The shots of the church and the glowing red windows, were they taken with the NEX 5? I know my Oly E520 would not get as good as those without some work in lightroom. Great lighting pic at the end. I recently captured some lightning in the mountains here in CZ, was really happy with them as i have been wanting to capture it for years. (they are in the "Waiting for the storm thread").
Thanks for sharing J.

hot

This was luck - decision within 5 minutes, packing cameras & lenses ...

Today is full moon, but it is 100% cloudy, temperature yesterday 30°C ... today should be only 10°C :-(

U

uhligfd

Only twice you mention the camera; can we have a list of cameras used, you name 3 in the first post.

Please, pretty please!

(I guess, I do not know how to see the Exif data, dumb me. Someone please enlighten me.)

When I right click on an image (MAC), I can safe it, download it etc, but how to read the EXIF? Without cluttering up my Downloads?

hot

Either you download picture and use one of the 9.999 EXIF-viewers, most included in photo viewers (like IrfanView) - or you install a plugin - I use OPanda IEXIF2, then you can click und view the EXIF ... search google for "exif viewer" ... sure also availbale for MAC (I'm using Win7)

hot

My three Samyangs 85mm/1.4, 14mm/2.8, 8mm/3.5 - all Canon mount, prices < €250/€300/€250 - all manual, very good with Canon550D, GH1, NEX5

You get the Samyangs with 10 different names :) ... made in Korea

Last edited: