The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

17-69mm Krasnogorsk Meteor5-1 zoom

zcream

Has anyone used the 17-69mm f1.9 m42 version zoom and tested for coverage ? A post on another forum suggested that the wide angle coverage is 20mm image circle.
Just wanted to be sure before I added to my huge collection of lenses.

J

JoeBenjamin

I have a copy of this Meteor lens I had to rip out of some obscure USSR made 16mm film camera, it appears to be the same as the Krasnogorsk's Meteor just with a weird screwed-down breech lock instead of the M42 mount. It didn't look like it was ever meant to be removed from the camera but what's weird is that it came with a rear lens cap, so...

Anyway I held it up to my E-P1 without mounting it and it had that same terribly small image circle (~17mm coverage) you get in regular TV C-mount zooms. Very disappointing considering all the work that went into getting it off of the camera.

apicius9

That's the one I also have, I guess. If anybody wants to play around with that lens, I'll pass it on for the price of shipping, just send a PM. (If this is politically incorrect and needs to go into the sale section, please let me knkw...).

Stefan