The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus EP-2 Leatherette Skin?

rrobinson54

Is anyone using the 3rd party Leatherette Skin (SGP, etc.) on their EP-2? If you do, how do you like using it? Does it look decent and improve the handling of the body? Is it difficult to install? Can it be removed, with no after effects?

Thanks,

Rick

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I used black leather on my E-P1 and it was fine. I got it from Aki Asahi, but he seems to be on vacation now. So I have ordered a kit from ebay seller Evernjoy for my E-P2 which is getting heavily scratched.
To my mind the leather kits improve the look of the camera and definitely improve the handling. I have never tried to get one off the camera, but on the Aki site you can see a video of it being done

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've now put on a leather skin, obtained from ebay seller evernjoy

Here is a pic of the scratches I was gettin with minimal use

and here is the camera with the new skins - it feels much better in operation

The photo of the leather conversion doesn't convey how good the camera looks with black leather - highly recommended

Keith