The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pana 14/2.5?

V

Vivek

If I visit the Photokina 2010, would I be able to buy one?

I am not into staring at prototypes....

kds315

Usually companies don't sell at Photokina - at least from my (limited) experience there.
They allow you to try it out though...

V

Vivek

If they would bring a working sample....

hmmm...but there would be a lot more stalls and more interesting things to look at at Photokina, I would presume.

Sony might even have a prototype 3D lens for their NEX.:)

Rawfa

It was already stated that this lens won't be released at photokina...it has been postponed to Spring 2011...which is a real shame, since this is THE lens I was waiting for right now.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Rush for the 3D lens....?
Oh boy o' boy .... Wowie zowie... What a street lens that's gonna be.....
A digital Novaflex.....
Barf.......

V

Vivek

Don, May be they will unveil an attachment for the EVF and the LCD so that stereo images can be framed before a shot is taken?

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
.....and I am thinking that the Hassy hood would be a great attachment at this point...just to keep things in perspective.

This format is starting to bother me. I like AF dedicated glass. I just don't see anyone really committing to m4/3 to keep it alive for the long run.
There's talk about the 14mm, I've heard a 12mm....dunno.
I'm in it because I love the IQ and form/size factor but I'm starting to loose faith.
I'm out of the Oly camp and in to the G2 and GF1 house, the absence of primes is having a negative effect on my psyche.

biglouis

.....and I am thinking that the Hassy hood would be a great attachment at this point...just to keep things in perspective.

This format is starting to bother me. I like AF dedicated glass. I just don't see anyone really committing to m4/3 to keep it alive for the long run.
There's talk about the 14mm, I've heard a 12mm....dunno.
I'm in it because I love the IQ and form/size factor but I'm starting to loose faith.
I'm out of the Oly camp and in to the G2 and GF1 house, the absence of primes is having a negative effect on my psyche.
Well, it is interesting to see Voigtlander join the m4/3rds consortium or whatever it is - maybe the future is brighter than we think?

LouisB

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Well, it is interesting to see Voigtlander join the m4/3rds consortium or whatever it is - maybe the future is brighter than we think?

LouisB
I'm still on the fence with all this CV talk. I mean they make a lens designed for m4/3. That's great, it's sharp, it's fast but for focusing...it's just a stupid lens. Why not just make it have AF? I don't think that's to much to ask for a lens that's gonna sell for around $1000.00 USD.

If OLY and Panny can make it work even in a complex zoom, why can't they in a fixed focal length.
Nah, they won't get any cash from me and I'm sure many are thinking the same way. I have many of their lenses in M mount but in this format...until they really commit....later!

Terry

It was already stated that this lens won't be released at photokina...it has been postponed to Spring 2011...which is a real shame, since this is THE lens I was waiting for right now.
Where was that stated?

Terry

I'm still on the fence with all this CV talk. I mean they make a lens designed for m4/3. That's great, it's sharp, it's fast but for focusing...it's just a stupid lens. Why not just make it have AF? I don't think that's to much to ask for a lens that's gonna sell for around $1000.00 USD.

If OLY and Panny can make it work even in a complex zoom, why can't they in a fixed focal length.
Nah, they won't get any cash from me and I'm sure many are thinking the same way. I have many of their lenses in M mount but in this format...until they really commit....later!
How many autofocus lenses has Voigtlander ever made?

trisberg

How many autofocus lenses has Voigtlander ever made?
Well, the lenses are made by Cosina and they have made several AF lenses for SLRs, so it should be possible for them to make a micro43 AF lens I would think. Voigtlander is just the brand they use for their "retro" RF and SLR stuff and now also for micro43.

-Thomas

V

Vivek

Don, I would think it will be impossible to make 0.95 lens that would CDAF successfully. As is, the Pana 20/1.7 struggles and moans (which have been recorded).

To put the lens' rumored price in perspective, try one of the "lens babies". A little piece of rubber contraption that costs too much. In comparison, any real lens is worth their asking price.

I have no doubt that the Cosina 25/0.95 is real lens and, I am positive, unlike the zoomz that Olympus churn out, they would be light proofed adequately.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Don

Time to think about the Ricoh GXR. I have the E-P2 and a couple of G1s, but my "goto" choice is the Ricoh

I think that they will bring out a module for attaching legacy lenses.

Keith

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
Allright everyone...
I think CV could make a dedicated lens easily enough.
They probably are planning a few designs not just the high speed 25mm.
For a Grand or more it should be a complete lens. I like their glass on my Leicas but not interested in what their doing now.
It looks like laziness and gouging users for high priced products that don't provide the natural options that should be there.

Keith,
Yes, the Ricoh is a strong sleeping contender.
No one pays attention to the user as they. The interface on their cameras is great....
I'm looking I tell ya... I'm looking!

kevinparis

afraid my other half got excited and a bit dyslexic ( why is that such a hard word to spell? :))

Anyway she has just bought an e-1 and wanted a Leica lens for it so we are now the proud owner of a Panaleica 25/1.4.... not a 14/2.5 :)

nice lens though

K