The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pana 14/2.5?

Terry

afraid my other half got excited and a bit dyslexic ( why is that such a hard word to spell? :))

Anyway she has just bought an e-1 and wanted a Leica lens for it so we are now the proud owner of a Panaleica 25/1.4.... not a 14/2.5 :)

nice lens though

K
And it didn't come from my buy/sell listing harummmph! :p

Brad Dow

It was already stated that this lens won't be released at photokina...it has been postponed to Spring 2011...which is a real shame, since this is THE lens I was waiting for right now.
I spoke with a guy at Panasonic USA Sales. He said it'll be f2.8, and released in November. Don't know how reliable that it, but he seemed very firm in his statement.

V

Vivek

November should be fine. BTW, f/2.8 is also fine.

I am not sure the 20/1.7 is truly an f/1.7 lens or actually an f/1.8 lens.

It is best not to have these marketing gimmicks.

Streetshooter

Subscriber Member
What makes me chuckle is,
Shooters use legacy lenses...Big Nikon, Canon etc and then think that lenses dedicated to the format are big.
Dunno, maybe it's just my old age...

V

Vivek

Very funny, Don.

If there are any "legacy" lenses, then only (even that is stretching it a bit) the Olympus pen F lenses would qualify because the mount is almost identical to the m4/3rds and the registry is nearly the same. They are all small lenses.

Lenses from orphaned systems like Konica AR and Canon FD, what sort of legacy do they have?

Jonas

Apparently it will be available in November at $400/each.
(...)
I am going to keep my cash for the Fuji 100X, for now.:angel:
Hmm.... pretty much the expected price. A small 28/5 with no focusing scale and no aperture ring would have been impossible to sell. But, in the name of AF and for early adapters I'm sure Panasonic will get away with it.

Off-topic, I know, but I notice a new battery for the GH2 and also they still refuse us more than one dial for adjusting shutter speed, exposure compensation and aperture setting...

But hey, Vivek, a few threads ago you reserved your money for the rumored Canon. Now it is a Fuji?

/Jonas

V

Vivek

Jonas, I have more 25/0.95 lenses than shoes. So, I do not need this one.

On the rumored Canon system, if it has a back illuminated CMOS sensor, I will even sell my current shoes to buy them. No question about it.

Fuji 100X, it depends on the price. If it is in Leixa X1 territory, not for me.

Jonas

Jonas, I have more 25/0.95 lenses than shoes. So, I do not need this one.
Maybe a reply for the thread about the 25/0.95, but OK. May I ask how many of all those (at least three lenses I guess) 25/0.95 lenses cover the µ4/3 sensor?

/Jonas