The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Carl Meyer (Burke & James) Videostigmat f1.0 1 1/2" (38mm)

kds315

We may know soon more, as I know the (Ex-) vice president of Bausch & Lomb and have contacted him about that lens and their serial numbering scheme.

Thanks for your contribution!

J

jwestra

Nice lens, maybe a bit too swirly for me.
These 1 1/2" lenses should not vignette at all right? Is there a database with more of these lenses? I am mainly interested in some wide angle lenses with full coverage.

Winkel

I have been asked about a portrait shot @f1.0 ...
Ahh, very nice. You picked someone who couldn't refuse. :)

From the images you have posted it appears the "swirliness" can decrease with softer backgrounds and also when there is greater separation between the subject & background.

Thanks,
Jim

kds315

Thanks Jim! I do agree, it does not swirl if the BG is smooth and/or greater separation, which can easily seen at the flower shot with the villa in the BG..

seakayaker

Beautiful Photos/Bokegraphs Klaus!

. . . . . another outstanding lens with OUTSTANDING RESULTS!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)