The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF2 with 25mm f1.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfa

Panasonic might be releasing the GF2 along with the 25mm f1.4 on January/Fabruary. They say it might be smaller than Sony´s NEX cameras. I´m very excited about this! This could be the perfect compact camera (specially if they use the GH2´s sensor, which is supposed to have better iso performance and 1 stop more latitude). That plus this 25mm f1.4 may just be THE perfect combo! I just hope the 25mm won´t cost 1000$ like the Leica four thirds version. Pana is lowering the price on the 20mm because they won´t want to cabinalyze a lens that is selling well with a similar FOV. Oh boy, I cannot wait for next year! :D

http://www.43rumors.com/mr-kitao-itirou-panasonic-talks-about-the-small-gf2-and-the-next-lenses/

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I heard that the new GF2/14mm combo is so small that some docs are doing colonoscopies with it :bugeyes:

Keith

V

Vivek

I heard that the new GF2/14mm combo is so small that some docs are doing colonoscopies with it :bugeyes:

Keith
Wow! Environmentally sealed as well?! :thumbs:

Whoever said that Panasonic camera gear are atrociously priced are going to regret it.

Rawfa

Members and Mods made a gigantic fuzz about a different thread where a guy titled his thread "Panasonic sucks"...but saying panasonics´cameras are suited to insert into peoples´anuses for medical purposes is fine? I think I might have to start paying a lawyer to review what I write before posting here.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Members and Mods made a gigantic fuzz about a different thread where a guy titled his thread "Panasonic sucks"...but saying panasonics´cameras are suited to insert into peoples´anuses for medical purposes is fine? I think I might have to start paying a lawyer to review what I write before posting here.
Sorry no thread with the word sucks in the title will be made here. It's just that simple, it is not productive. Anyone want to play in that kind of sandbox find another forum. Nothing is FRIENDLY with the word sucks in the title and that is the way it is. PERIOD

Reminder the world is watching

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The MODS are ever watchful LOL
Just remember that whatever you say is public and will be held against you.
Be nice, have fun, but no slanderous comments :lecture:
-bob

Rawfa

Guy and Bob, I don´t think you got my point. What I meant is that if a thread title with the word suck is not allowed neither should a comment such as the one in this thread that implies the GF2 can see inserted into a persons anus (which I find it to be way more offensive than the word suck, btw).

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy and Bob, I don´t think you got my point. What I meant is that if a thread title with the word suck is not allowed neither should a comment such as the one in this thread that implies the GF2 can see inserted into a persons anus (which I find it to be way more offensive than the word suck, btw).
We are not experts here about anus sizes or if a camera would fit or not. I suppose it might be possible for one large enough and a camera small enough.
What one does with the camera is up to you.
We think the comment is perhaps on the tasteless and nonproductive side, but it is not mean slanderous or offensive to anything but good taste.
-bob

V

Vivek

Part of the problem is when someone tries to characterize every word that is used or trying to characterize what someone posts.

I do appreciate Guy and Jack's forum (that is why I am here and take part in discussions) ONLY because it is originated and run by photographers.

This thread, btw, isn't it about a rumor? That too a very badly translated one.

The link you found, Rafa, gives a link to the Google translation. If that is in good taste, anything and everything is.

Guy Mancuso

I understand we do need to have fun here and I do appreciate good humor always. I guess the real message and we all know it is the insult rule. Which I am a stickler on, I don't want any member insulted in any way and this also applies to any OEM or vendor, lets also not forget even us the mods. around here. I think most people understand I don't want this place to be like X,Y and Z forums. Frankly that is Jack and mine biggest concern is we want it to BE the place to come learn, share and have fun. If this was a closed forum with just members than it might be different. Than again maybe not but we are public and we have a much BIGGER audience than folks realize. Just look at the guests at the bottom of the page.

Now we all know Keith's and/or Rawfa's comment was said in jest and yea maybe in bad taste or to some it was funny. We really don't want to get down to every word or even censor anything unless it is really bad. So what is the threshold that we go by, well folks their is none. My take is if it will really offend someone than we jump in, obviously a judgement call and we are not always correct in that either. One issue is we are global and what a word means to me may mean a completely thing to someone else in another part of the world. No kidding folks this is not easy stuff and we try to do the best we can and i think we do a good job. Now back to the Panasonic sucks comment is a insult to Panasonic and it's employees they are no different to me at least as insulting a member. So the insult rule will rule the day on this forum. Saying something stupid or off color is a judgement call. But the end of the day it will always what is best for the forum and it's members and that will always be the rule for GetDPI.

BTW if something really offends someone than please use the report button. It is very useful to us as we don't read everything said here. The report button goes to all mods. so someone is always around to fix something. Sending me or Jack a PM could be a delay as we maybe out of the office or something

Winkel

To me the post was simply tongue-in-cheek speculation of Panasonic emulating Olympus’ colonoscopy technology. Seems like a fair comment… poking fun at the absurdity of over-miniaturization. Ergonomically, the NEX is already far too small for me.

Jim

Guy Mancuso

Funny thing is this reminded me that I actually do need to have this procedure done. My mother died of colon cancer years ago and I'm really supposed to pay attention in this area. See what you guy's bring up is really painful sometimes. LOL

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
To me the post was simply tongue-in-cheek speculation of Panasonic emulating Olympus’ colonoscopy technology. Seems like a fair comment… poking fun at the absurdity of over-miniaturization. Ergonomically, the NEX is already far too small for me.

Jim
With some of the larger lenses, the nex resembles a rectangular rear lens cap.
But for some that is just what they are looking for.
-bob

Terry

Funny thing is this reminded me that I actually do need to have this procedure done. My mother died of colon cancer years ago and I'm really supposed to pay attention in this area. See what you guy's bring up is really painful sometimes. LOL
So, it all comes back to an Olympus camera.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
At our age, not a bad thing to keep on your reminders list.
-bob

Status
Not open for further replies.