The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D700 owner orders E5

nugat

It's me. A mad decision before any big reviews come in. Based on my m43 collection of bodies and glass experience. My E5 will come from Pixmania on November 5th , plus 12-60 glass. I already have 25/1.4 panaleica and 50/2 Zuiko, both used on m43. Can't wait to lay my hands on E5. Will it match my D700 or better it? (except high ISO of course). Soon I'll let you know.

photoSmart42

Will it match my D700 or better it?
I'm going to go ahead and say 'No'. The D700 is a much larger sensor, with very low pixel density. While the technology is older, it's still one of the best cameras out there. Expect the D700 to be better than the E5 in just about all respects. How much better is a different question. Will you personally notice is an even different question.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, I was through all that 4/3 stuff several times and went back always either to Nikon or Canon. I abandoned any 4/3 2 years ago and have now the D700.

I am pretty convinced that the E5 will not com close to what the D700 can do with todays FW and all the new nano coated glass. The files (RAW) coming out of this body are just stunning - either if you use C1 Pro or LR3 for post processing.

And of corse not speaking about high ISO her - this game is lost for the E5 from the start.

It might very well that you do not recognize any of these but they are there.

Anyway - just enjoy and do not compare!

nugat

High ISO no contest is rather obvious. Will do a blind test at base ISO and we'll see. Nano-coated 24-120 vs 12-60.

seakayaker

It's me. A mad decision before any big reviews come in. Based on my m43 collection of bodies and glass experience. My E5 will come from Pixmania on November 5th , plus 12-60 glass. I already have 25/1.4 panaleica and 50/2 Zuiko, both used on m43. Can't wait to lay my hands on E5. Will it match my D700 or better it? (except high ISO of course). Soon I'll let you know.
Congratulations on you new purchase!

Looking forward to reading your comments regarding your experience with the E-5.

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)