The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF2; a dumbed down GF1?

seakayaker

Is it just me or are GF1s at absolute bargain prices and make mine worth maybe 1/3 of its original purchase value. Seems sometimes it would be best to stay one model back with your purchases, the lure of the latest is costly. :(
. . . . . a quick look showed them to be around 679.00 with the zoom and 689.00 with the 20mm.

I will not be selling my GF1 for some time, picked it up last March and paid list price. No regrets a great camera and has done everything that I wanted it to do. I am glad I didn't wait and miss the experience I had with it over the summer.

It's only money and some times you got to spend it . . . . .

. . . . . or it just might be GAS!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

V

Vivek

Is it just me or are GF1s at absolute bargain prices and make mine worth maybe 1/3 of its original purchase value. Seems sometimes it would be best to stay one model back with your purchases, the lure of the latest is costly. :(
G1, it is, for me.

Pana/Oly, etc are yet to come up with a better choice. Besides, the lack of versatile small sized flash and such make me wonder why these companies bother making a "system" camera in the first place.

It would be better to be churning out P&S versions in various colors and matching straps....

RonSmith

I have the G1 and the GF1, and love them both. The GF2 is of no interest to me, and I don't think it was intended to. I see nothing negative about expanding the m4/3 platform to other, perhaps less serious, photographers ... just as long as Panasonic doesn't forget us in the long run. I will still look forward to an L1 style m4/3 body.

By the way, how well do those touch screens work with gloves on?

"sometimes it would be best to stay one model back with your purchases,"

Indeed, in this age of eBay you could buy and sell with little drop if you were careful.

A bit like cars (in the UK anyway) where only those with more cash than they need tend to by New.

Tony

Diane B

I have the G1 and the GF1, and love them both. The GF2 is of no interest to me, and I don't think it was intended to. I see nothing negative about expanding the m4/3 platform to other, perhaps less serious, photographers ... just as long as Panasonic doesn't forget us in the long run. I will still look forward to an L1 style m4/3 body.

By the way, how well do those touch screens work with gloves on?
That's where I am at this point-with both and holding. There's enough 'stuff' out there to give me reason to expect something more suited to my wants down the road.

BTW I did see something about a touchscreen being developed to use with gloves. Believe I read it on Engadget.

DHart

I too love the GF1 and have very little interest in the GF2. Hoping a GF3 will be the successor to the GF1 that we here are looking forward to... better sensor, better EVF.. just that alone would make for a wonderful for a GF3. Adding the touch screen controls option is fine, but please leave the camera-top controls as they were with the GF1.

seakayaker

I too love the GF1 and have very little interest in the GF2. Hoping a GF3 will be the successor to the GF1 that we here are looking forward to... better sensor, better EVF.. just that alone would make for a wonderful for a GF3. Adding the touch screen controls option is fine, but please leave the camera-top controls as they were with the GF1.

++1!

. . . . . they can make it a little bigger if they have to, just keep the same body style and put in the updated sensor and firmware with an internal or upgraded external viewfinder and I will be purchase one in a heartbeat.

Can only hope that panasonic heads in that direction!

pellicle

Is it just me or are GF1s at absolute bargain prices and make mine worth maybe 1/3 of its original purchase value.
indeed ... not to mention G1 and GH1 ... as a long time G1 owner I just lashed out and got myself a GH1

:)