The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Life Between The Lines

biglouis

I was informed last Friday that I had won a public photography competition run by London Underground (the operators of the 'Tube') and the Royal Society for the Proctection of Birds (RSPB). The theme of the competition was to 'capture' wildlife anywhere within the area covered by London Underground.

The picture which brought me this accolade is below but the interest for this section of the forum is that it was shot with my GF-1 and the PanaLeica 45/2.8. I submitted a hi-res version of the photo which will be printed in a local London paper, the Metro, tomorrow (Tuesday) on the TFL page. I was very impressed with how good the hi-res version looked.

All in all a great win for m4/3rds, Panasonic and the Leica 45/2.8

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations on the publication of your image.
I can easily see why it was chosen.
-bob

nugat

Congrats for the great picture and award. I always believed in the 45/2.8 as one of best portrait/macro lenses in any format.

seakayaker

Congratulations Louis!

A wonderful photograph, if they create an electronic version of the newspaper article can you please post a link!

Life is Grand!

Dan
~ ;)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Congratulations, great photographer!

A really stunning image! Also great camera and lens!

biglouis

Wow! Thanks for all the positive responses. I was not just beating my chest about winning, I think it is great that an image from a m4/3rds camera can make an impact in this way. It will be interesting to see how it reproduces in the paper and I'll post a link so people can see the online edition.

Thanks again

LouisB

Leica 77

I was informed last Friday that I had won a public photography competition run by London Underground (the operators of the 'Tube') and the Royal Society for the Proctection of Birds (RSPB). The theme of the competition was to 'capture' wildlife anywhere within the area covered by London Underground.

The picture which brought me this accolade is below but the interest for this section of the forum is that it was shot with my GF-1 and the PanaLeica 45/2.8. I submitted a hi-res version of the photo which will be printed in a local London paper, the Metro, tomorrow (Tuesday) on the TFL page. I was very impressed with how good the hi-res version looked.

All in all a great win for m4/3rds, Panasonic and the Leica 45/2.8

Hi Louis,
Heartfelt congratulations to you on your latest achievement and accolade! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: :)

MRfanny

well deserved. going to look up that leica 45 now =) how close were you to the subject for that particular shot?