The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH2 D7000 60D NEX 5 Noise Comparison

Jonas

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos60d/page11.asp

I set the noise reduction to off and weak for the NEX The 60D looked as good as the D7000?
Isn't it more interesting to check the raw files? Comparing the Canon camera, the NEX and the GH2 and G2 make me wonder about the GH2 base ISO noise. The G2 files look better a good way up in ISO values.

I posted in the DPR thread on this topic and wondered if there may be some problem with the GH2 and the current ACR version.

Then again, noise isn't my main concern with my G1. I'm looking forward to the GH2 despite Panasnoic still not reaching the same results as the best (having an area 60% larger) APS-C sensors.

regards,

/Jonas

M

meilicke

Regarding detail preservation, I thought they were all pretty good.

Way better than I can aim the camera. :ROTFL:

biglouis

Looking at them I reckon I could salvage very useable photos from all cameras up to iso3200 using RAW and LR3