The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic L1 revival .

D

deeslexia

I have a Leica Digilux 2 and Panasonic L1 body .
Recently , I had the opportunity to buy another lens for either my Pentax k10d or new Panasonic G1 .

However , I was able to buy Olympus 14-42 and 40-150 for the L1 for just £180 used , mint .

Though the Leica f 2.8 zoom is great , the camera is so much more useable with the lighter , smaller lenses .

Maybe it's the de-ranged finder styling and handling , but it's still my prefered camera . It seems bulky but is lighter and about the same size as the K10d .

Maybe 4/3rds DSLRs are going to be obsolete as m43 takes hold , and the L1 is hardly an advertisment for the advantages of size of the format - but I am hoping my ' twins ' will give me many more years of pleasure .

B

boyzo

I have a Leica Digilux 2 and Panasonic L1 body .
Recently , I had the opportunity to buy another lens for either my Pentax k10d or new Panasonic G1 .

However , I was able to buy Olympus 14-42 and 40-150 for the L1 for just £180 used , mint .

Though the Leica f 2.8 zoom is great , the camera is so much more useable with the lighter , smaller lenses .

Maybe it's the de-ranged finder styling and handling , but it's still my prefered camera . It seems bulky but is lighter and about the same size as the K10d .

Maybe 4/3rds DSLRs are going to be obsolete as m43 takes hold , and the L1 is hardly an advertisment for the advantages of size of the format - but I am hoping my ' twins ' will give me many more years of pleasure .
Some would say old hat but I use an L1 and it is light for its bulk and has very good controls and build, pity Panasonic did not see fit to continue this genre instead we got the L10 capable but looking anonymous like a canikon.

You can take wonderful images with this camera and if you are at one with it with lens off choice you can ignore all the fuss about High ISO etc.

Enjoy

G

geef-one

I have an L1, and love it. I also had the L10 and thought it performed well, I prefered the L1 for it's handling. I gave the L10 to a relative when I purchased my GF1. With an LX3 on my digital camera shelf, I need to reduce my inventory and the L10 was my least favorite...but still great.