The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tamron TV lens 16mm f1.8

stingOM

Hi,
I received my c-mount adapters today. Two versions - one flat version and another with a lip. Both does not allow the Tamron TV lens to focus to infinity with my Panny G1 to my disappointment. Also the sensor coverage is not great - but I had expected this anyway. I noticed there is lip (inner circle) on the lens mount (it is not flat). I wonder if it was filed away will it bring the lens closer to inifity focus? I don't really want to destroy the lens.

Lens is very well constructed, with smooth focusing helicoid. I don't know which version it is, but according to Tamron website:
http://www.tamron-usa.com/about/history.asp

It is suppose to be the 16mm F/1.8 for 1” Vidicon are the first CCTV lenses made by Tamron. If I am correct.

Any thoughts or info on this lens?

Thx