The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lumix gf1 grip

F

frntprchprss

Hello all,

I recently sold my canon g9 with a Franiec custom grip. I loved the feel of the grip on that camera. I now purchased a Lumix gf1 and my only complaint with the camera is the lack of a grip. Does anyone know of a custom grip like the Franiec? The g9 grip is no longer made, I was wondering if it would fit. (doubtful) Thank you in advance for any insights.

- James

Diane B

I bought the Lumix leather cover for the GF1 for just that reason. I had (have-gave to husband) the Franiec grip on the G9 so understand what you are talking about. Some of the covers offered have more grip than others.

C

carpandean

I have this grip for my gf1:
http://www.ne.jp/asahi/discoverphoto/co/dpc/ForGrip/GFgrip.htm
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=92570

It's solidly built and provides a very positive grip that really helps with bigger lenses. It's by no mean perfect - for example, it has to be removed to change the battery or card - but works as well as anything available when needed. If Panasonic made its own version,it would probably be better, but until then ...

Now, how did I get it? I put "gf1 grip" into an Ebay saved search with email alert. Three days later, I got an alert and ended up winning it. I haven't had an alert since, so it was pure luck.

I also have some (the parts around the grip) of the SGP deep black leather skin kit on it. Definitely helps when I don't have the big grip on it.

Terry

I bought the Lumix leather cover for the GF1 for just that reason. I had (have-gave to husband) the Franiec grip on the G9 so understand what you are talking about. Some of the covers offered have more grip than others.
+1