The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E5 and 150/2 + 14-35/2 concert pics

ptomsu

Workshop Member
@kaptnk

welcome to the forum! You will have fun here and find this a great place to discuss and exchange with others!

WRT Oly, I can read that you are a Oly user and you are enjoying this system. And this is pretty perfect. If I were not currently in Nikon (od any other DSLR system) I would most probably buy (again) into the E system with the E5 and some high speed zooms.

Unfortunately it was not always as clear as that, especially when the E1 replacement took pretty to long for me and when the E3 was there mine had some serious problems and Oly could not manage to help, so I finally sold it.

Today with individual lens adjustment these issues would have been NON ISSUES and I most probably would still be in the E system for my DSLR photography.

Having said that I can only agree that an E5 together with a 14-35 and 35-100 is a very appealing combo. WRT high speed primes for the E system I need to bring you back to reality because in comparison to Nikon there are almost no high speed primes for the E system - even if you count Sigma etc in, whereas Nikon meanwhile did their homework very well with a 1.4/24, 35, 50 and 85 - all new with latest coating etc....

I only hope for the 43 system that Oly will bring another E6 or 7 or however they call this beast with OVF (or a stellar EVF - which I doubt is doable today and in near future) and with at least 16MP and ISO to 12800. Even if you do not use 12800 every day, 6400 is something which comes in with Auto ISO in my Nikon pretty often and this should then have decent quality (yes I am using exclusively 2.8 zooms on my D700, so no arguing wether you need 6400 or not, I would like to have it).

Enjoy your E5 and let us see some results.