The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

DavidL

Some really good stuff appearing. So good I may not sell my GH2. But the reality is I don't needs a K5 and a GH2. However, reality is a perception based on a personal viewpoint. Excuse that I'm having a serious internal dialogue here :)
David

mark1000

Some really good stuff appearing. So good I may not sell my GH2. But the reality is I don't needs a K5 and a GH2. However, reality is a perception based on a personal viewpoint. Excuse that I'm having a serious internal dialogue here :)
David
Choices, choices, i feel your pain :)

Mark.

MRfanny

thanks to this thread i've got one coming to me in the post. can't wait to get my hands on it for some beginner rock climbing this weekend.

simonclivehughes

Obligatory cat picture... this is Newton, shot handheld with the 100-300mm @ 300mm. PP in ACR, Topaz Detail, Viveza 2.

View attachment 43926

Lovely lens. Absolutely amazes me that we have a 600mm f5.6 equivalent lens of this quality at this price and weight!

Cheers,

Last edited:

MP7

Ok the cat did it; cannot resist any longer so I went out and bought one. Consider me a new member of the 100-300 club.

Knorp

It's unfortunate that you can't shoot sports with the GH2/100-300 combo.

My son, Harry.

20110513 a021a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr
Yes it really is a pity, Ron.
Must have been quite an ordeal for your son to completely stand still while you were taking his picture.
But you have to tell us the trick with the ball, how did you do that ?
:ROTFL::LOL::ROTFL:

Great shot !

Kind regards.

Sapphie

[
I'm contemplating selling my GH2, when it comes back with a new sensor but all this 100-300 stuff is starting to change my mind. I guess the answer is stop looking :confused:
Yes, stop looking :) I have a similar dilemma and have 'decided' to sell the GH2 in favour of the K5. Instead of polluting this thread I have sent you a PM to ask why you are thinking the same :)

Lee

Knorp

@David: great cat shot: a bit scary though, but then I'm allergic to cats ... :cry:

@Ron: excellent series, your bird shots never seize to amaze me.

@Lee & David: Why are you guys wanting to sell off your GH2 ?

Kind regards.

Knorp

Yes, this is a working wind turbine !
I think I missed focus on the people, but given the strong wind, difficult light, hand-held at 300, well ... not too bad :rolleyes:

Thanks for viewing.

RonSmith