The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Rawfa

This thread is full of great images. I really wish the NEX cameras had as many lenses as the micro 4/3...and that they were as small...

Knorp

@Ron: beautiful shots of that heron, you had some good 'diffuse' light.

@Amin: and a good start it is, I'd say. Cute rabbit and a sweet portrait !

All the very best.

Last edited:

Knorp

Not much luck with the dragons today.
This is all I could capture.

Thanks for viewing.

Amin

Bart, thanks for the kind comments. Very nice details on the dragon. Looks like it's taking a well earned rest.

Amin

Bart, the heron is stunning, and the chick photo above it is also wonderful. What kind of birds are they?

Knorp

Hi there Glenn,

well your beautiful puffin shots are certainly SUPER ! The first one is really gorgeous.
Great too, to see them with their catch, sand-eels I think.
Are you on the isle for pleasure or for work/study ?

For anyone who wants to know a little more about "Isle of May", please check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_May

Thanks for sharing & Kinds regards.

ecsh

Wow, Bart and Glenn, you guys are killing me!!
This is supposed to be a crappy lens! Can't tell it from alot of these shots.
Joe

Glenn

Hi there Glenn,

well your beautiful puffin shots are certainly SUPER ! The first one is really gorgeous.
Great too, to see them with their catch, sand-eels I think.
Are you on the isle for pleasure or for work/study ?

For anyone who wants to know a little more about "Isle of May", please check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_May

Thanks for sharing & Kinds regards.
Thanks a lot, it was just a day trip to see the birds

ecsh

First reviews of this lens were not positive at all. Also, go back to the first page and read a few comments from there.

Joe

Matix

Those images are great Ron, I tried for years to get a good shot of the red wing blackbird, they are quite nervous, older film Nikon that was the problem maybe? ;-) They are all great shots, you have done well with kit.

Phil

biglouis

This thread just gets better and better. Perhaps one of the least expected successes of the Panasonic range, is this lens good value for money, or what?

A recent addition - 300mm at f8 1/400 iso 160