The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

biglouis

Just a couple more to keep the thread going. The common house sparrow is now on the endangered birds list in the UK as the population has been mysteriously depleted over the last twenty years. They are now so rare in the garden that I've been trying to photograph one for the last couple of weeks. I got these two after a two hour stake out in my back garden.

f6cvalkyrie

Very nice, Louis !
Sparrows become rare here in Belgium as well, but they are not (yet) on the list of endangered species.

C U,
Rafael

Knorp

Very nice, Louis !
Sparrows become rare here in Belgium as well, but they are not (yet) on the list of endangered species.

C U,
Rafael
+1 Nowadays we find them here mainly in the zoo ... :confused:

Really a sweet shot of that robin, Louis.​

Kind regards.

biglouis

Rafael and Bart, thanks for the words of encouragement. I still can't get over how good this lens is.

LouisB

biglouis

Bart and Glenn, thanks for the positive comments. Proof of the old saw "its the camera you have with you" that gets the shot.

LouisB

Last edited:

biglouis

Bart, that is a breathtaking shot. The sharpness, control of depth of field and colouration are excellent. If someone told me that was taken with a m43rds camera and a relatively cheap lens I wouldn't believe them.

LouisB

Knorp

Louis,
thanks and really I couldn't be more happier than with this 100-300.
I did fine on the G1 and now even a tad better on the G3.
However for handling the 100-300 the G3 is a disaster, IMO it just lacks a proper grip.

Kind regards.

A

Ante_CRO

Some STUNNING photos we have here! The last one is gorgeous! :)
Hi all! I'am new at this pleasantly forum. My home is Croatia and i will share with you guys and girls :) some nice photos from my country. I live in Solin, small town near Split(king Diocletian town). My machine and artillery is Lumix GH2, Lumix 100-300mm :) and Lumix 14-140mm lenses.

A fruit that we call here "Šipak"
Lumix 100-300mm at 120mm, f4.2, iso200

These stones are the "drywall". We call them like that because they are surrounding animal yards in villiages
Lumix 100-300mm at 300mm, f5.6, iso200

Lumix 100-300mm at 252mm, f5.6, iso200

Roe deer at villiage called Rujani in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lumix 100-300mm at 140mm, f5.8, iso200

Villiage Ljubuncic at biggest karst field in the world called Livanjsko polje 420km2 at altitude 730m above sea, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lumix 100-300mm at 205mm, f6.3, iso200

Last edited:

Knorp

Hi there Ante (is this correct ?)

Welcome to this wonderful forum, I'm sure you'll like it here :)

You have a lovely set for a first post with the 100-300, excellent.
My favorites are the berries, the deer and (I'm not joking) the village.
The village shot is really lovely: fine colours and tack sharp.

Thanks for sharing and kind regards.

Last edited:
A

Ante_CRO

Thanks Knorp! I'am glade that you like my photos
Here are few photos of my Mercedes benz 230 SL, 1964.

Shoot handheld

Lumix 100-300mm, 100mm, f4, iso320

Lumix 100-300mm, 136mm, f4.4, iso320

biglouis

I've been trying to get a good capture of this tiny little bird which has taken up residence in my front garden. The Wren has a beautiful and surprisingly loud voice for such a tiny animal. A few times I've managed to get this bird in my viewfinder but it normally whizzes off again before I can get a good shot. Today it was parading on the iron railings of the next door neighbour's house with some foliage in its beak. I don't know if this was for nest building. It stayed long enough for me to go back inside, get my camera, power up and set the aperture and speed and then fire off about 5 frames on continuous. This was the best.
LGH-2, Lumix 100-300, iso400 f5.6

Knorp

Wow Louis, you must be really proud of this shot. Wonderful !
This lovely little Wren is a corker !
And that it is holding moss in its beak is a super bonus.

Kind regards.

P

Paspas

Hi everybody !
I am "new" here, "new" because I never wrote before but already read and learn a lot thanks to one of the best forums I found for 10 years, yes ! sincerely !
Coming from Canon with VERY BAD AF experience from 2004 (10D) to 2008 (5D), I became a Sony A900 shooter in 2009.
And now, apart my Sony gear, I am proud to use a new toy named OMD EM-5 :)
My first and currently only lens is the 12 mm f2 which is in fact a double lens...
A 24mm equivalent in the "famous" FF 2x3 world (but with more information up and down...) AND a 35 mm when I use it in 1x1 ala Hassy ! (yes, I have a "little" problem with 2x3 format...).
But it is now time to add some brothers to the family.
Tomorrow, I will order the Pana 12-35 f2.8 + the Olympus 45 f1.8 without any hesitation.
But until a few minutes I had a doubt concerning the Pana 100-300...
Here we are !
Doubt because many samples on the net are "so so" as my Japanese friends say, after 250mm.
But suddenly appeared Knorp images !!! Is it possible ??? Are they really coming from a 100-300 at more than 250mm ???
Coming from A900+Zeiss 135f1.8, I know what means crisp picture, and ALL of yours are SOOOOO crisps !!!
So I created an account here today to ask you : are you really using a Pana 100-300 ?!!!
But just a second before writting, on page 7, I think I finally understood... Apart your obvious talent, you are using Raw files AND Capture One !
Not saying that other images are bad but yours have something special in terms of micro contrast and maybe also colour.
So now that I am here, I change my questions :)
After buying my new lenses including the 100-300, what kind of post processing do you guys use to edit your M4x3 photos ?
And to Bart, could you confirm me (us) that Capture One is one of your "secrets" ?
Last question to Bart, taking for example the impressive photo of the lion (it is the month of the lion :), at 300mm as it is written in the exif :D could it be possible to post a 100% detail of the image please ?
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bdevires/Images/G1/2011/04/P1030457.jpg
Again, thank you all for the level of this forum.
Pascal Barreiro / France