The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

dhsimmonds

I know it well! A really nice shot Louis.

In my opinion the Panny 100-300 just takes the prize from the new Oly mZuiko Mk 2. It is a half stop faster too, not that makes much difference with and OMd EM5.

Dr. Brad

Here's a shot of a Sandhill Crane I took the other day at the Reifel Bird Sanctuary near Vancouver, BC. Was with my GH2, at ISO 400, 300mm, f/8 and 1/1000.

The bird let me get pretty close (well, really close - at one point he was eating from my hand).

Sandhill Crane Close-up by BJ East, on Flickr

Dr. Brad

Thought I'd bump this thread with a picture of a Rufous hummingbird I took at a local nature park near Vancouver, BC. I wish I would have shot with a higher shutter speed, but I didn't realize until too late I had forgotten to dial it up from 1/300.

GH2 - ƒ/5.6 300.0 mm, 1/1300, ISO 400.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Beautiful!

Thought I'd bump this thread with a picture of a Rufous hummingbird I took at a local nature park near Vancouver, BC. I wish I would have shot with a higher shutter speed, but I didn't realize until too late I had forgotten to dial it up from 1/300.

GH2 - ƒ/5.6 300.0 mm, 1/1300, ISO 400.

mazor

Took this a few weeks ago.

I guess you can tell I am having alot of fun with the 100-300 on the E-M1. All colors editing are all in camera as well

biglouis

Fox in the garden - a second opportunity to use the 100-300 on the same day. Incidentally, these were all shot at iso3200 and speeds as low as 1/60th as they were shot just after sunset in the thickening dusk.

Knorp

Gorgeous shots of this urban fox, Louis !
And pretty clean too considering ISO 3200.

Kind regards.

biglouis

Gorgeous shots of this urban fox, Louis !
And pretty clean too considering ISO 3200.

Kind regards.
Despite my disatisfaction with m43rds I can't quite kick the habit of the GH-2 and the 100-300. I wouldn't want to print these above 10x8 but as you say very good for high iso and low speed.

LouisB

Dr. Brad

Thanks for the compliment. But no, it was cropped a bit! I usually don't get that lucky when framing birds, especially when they are flying...

mazor

true true, I too have the same issue trying to track bird, so I too usually frame a bit wider and crop in post :)