The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

L-Plate for E-5

Godfrey

I spoke with the friendly folks at Really Right Stuff and ordered their BOE3-L : L-plate for Olympus E-3 & E-30 to use with the Olympus E-5; it arrived yesterday. It does fit and work perfectly.

I made a few pictures:

see http://www.gdgphoto.com/Olympus_E-5_L-Plate/ for others

(Photos made with the E-1, ZD 50 Macro + EC14, and a Sunpak 383 flash on RF remote)

B

boyzo

Cool may I ask what the L brkt does

Also how are you liking the E-5 you seem to be liking it a lot from what I
have read.

I have an aging L1 and some PL and Oly 43 glass so for me the E-5 seems Ideal if not too heavy.

Godfrey

Cool may I ask what the L brkt does

Also how are you liking the E-5 you seem to be liking it a lot from what I
have read.

I have an aging L1 and some PL and Oly 43 glass so for me the E-5 seems Ideal if not too heavy.
If you look at the gallery of shots I made of the combination, you can see that it allows the camera to be set up on the tripod in both landscape and portrait orientation, with minimal change to where the lens axis is. That means greater stability as the camera is always on top of the head where it belongs, not flopped over to the side.

I'm liking the E-5 a lot. The L1 is still a very nice body and does a remarkable job, but the E-5 goes well beyond it in responsiveness, features, performance and viewfinder quality. I need a backup body but I think I'm going to keep the E-1 rather than the L1, simply because it and the E-5 share batteries, cables, and much of the control design. I'm in a simplifying mood.

B

boyzo

Thanks Godfrey the E-5 is new in AUS I think I may get one online if Aussie dollar remains strong.
And yes E-1 / E-5 make sense.
The IQ and Hi ISO from what I've seen is remarkable and doubt I would bother with APS-C
I have to much m43 and 43 gear.
I think Olympus did a great job on the E-5 despite the naysayers

Cheers