The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the GH2

Y.B.Hudson III

tis t' season...GH2...COOKE SPEED PANCHRO SER III 25mm @ t/2.8±... Raw Developer. optimized for "Fire Fox"

must post video s00n :)... AVCHD 60i shows potential.

Rich M

One nice little add on the GH2 is the thumbwheel. This allows one to zoom or magnify by pressing the thumbwheel when using legacy lenses. This hardware feature was present on the GF1 but not on the GH1 (no thumbwheel).

Little things make me happy......:)

R

Diane B

Looking very good Uwe. I'm more interested in stills vs video but still video does interest me a bit since I've had a taste with the GF1. I think there might be sufficient improvement to possibly upgrade from my G1 later this year.

Diane

biglouis

Uwe, excellent exposition of this camera. I am sold on getting one of these when they become available as body only in the new year.

LouisB

Diane B

Diane, you mean in the next 11 days? :)
Ah, caught me on that one LOL. No, I'm going to wait this one out a bit before deciding and guess that time frame is more like Spring when I'll be getting an itch. It's just whether the itch is strong enough to push me to scratch.

Terry

Looking good so far on the GH2....Panasonic seems to have done a good job pver the past two years refining the cameras.

ustein

Contributing Editor
Looking good so far on the GH2....Panasonic seems to have done a good job pver the past two years refining the cameras.
I think so too. They really listened and worked hard. And we need to remember that the GH1 and GF1 were good cameras to begin with.

>One of the kitlenses?

First 2 shots with 14-140 and the others with 45mm Macro.

apicius9

I'm sitting here, waiting for the post office to open, so I can have fun also - my GH2 came in yesterday. What I have seen so far is overall very encouraging. For me it's the sum of the little things that justified the upgrade, like the one-button MF Assist, wheel on the back, faster AF, even better EVF. I read mixed things about the low light performance improvements compared to the GH1, so this is what I am most interested to try out. It's almost like Christmas :)

Stefan

Stefan

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sitting here, waiting for the post office to open, so I can have fun also - my GH2 came in yesterday. What I have seen so far is overall very encouraging. For me it's the sum of the little things that justified the upgrade, like the one-button MF Assist, wheel on the back, faster AF, even better EVF. I read mixed things about the low light performance improvements compared to the GH1, so this is what I am most interested to try out. It's almost like Christmas :)

Stefan

Stefan

LOLOL
it almost IS Christmas.
The gift bit we have unfortunately decided to just not do any longer; we just buy own own toys
-bob

peterb

Looking very good Uwe. I'm more interested in stills vs video but still video does interest me a bit since I've had a taste with the GF1. I think there might be sufficient improvement to possibly upgrade from my G1 later this year.

Diane
Ditto. 16MB and lower noise than before. What's not to love?

S

Shelby Lewis

Uwe (and anyone else)... care to comment on how the files look (stills) at low ISO compared to, say, a 5Dii? I'm thinking about replacing one of my canon cameras with one of these, but I'm still not seeing any stills samples at 100% that tell me anything (mostly due to the lack of samples, not due to the lack of quality of the cam).

Anyone tried any low-iso long-exposures (say 30 seconds or so... longer if possible)?

R

ryaaannnn

Uwe (and anyone else)... care to comment on how the files look (stills) at low ISO compared to, say, a 5Dii? I'm thinking about replacing one of my canon cameras with one of these, but I'm still not seeing any stills samples at 100% that tell me anything (mostly due to the lack of samples, not due to the lack of quality of the cam).

Anyone tried any low-iso long-exposures (say 30 seconds or so... longer if possible)?
I'll give this a shot maybe this weekend when I find sometime to do it.