The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the m43 Voigtlaender 25mm f/0.95 lens

ZoranC

Thinking about it I may have been 2 meters and then somewhat away from the nearest buoy. It seems about right to me ... I can take some more controlled images of a measure tape if you guys think it is needed ...
No measuring tape needed, it is just that perception of DOF on shot you posted does not seem to be adding up, at 6 ft distance DOF would have been approximately half of a foot and perception from shot posted is that DOF in it is much bigger, it seems that at least whole buoy, if not more, fits in it.

... but again, it is much harder to say when not looking at 100% SOOC shot.

(but is it really for the Fun with... thread)?
Why not? I thought 'Fun with ...' threads are not only about sharing shots with some lens but also about educating oneself about certain lens so when shot is posted that seems in contradiction with what one thought DOF on this lense would look like it is to be expected questions will be asked.

P.S. Now you got me curious. I have both 25/0.95 on EP2 and 50mm prime on FF (D700). I have to make a note to myself to do some controlled side by sides.

Jonas

No measuring tape needed, it is just that perception of DOF on shot you posted does not seem to be adding up, at 6 ft distance DOF would have been approximately half of a foot and perception from shot posted is that DOF in it is much bigger, it seems that at least whole buoy, if not more, fits in it.

... but again, it is much harder to say when not looking at 100% SOOC shot.

Why not? I thought 'Fun with ...' threads are not only about sharing shots (...)

P.S. Now you got me curious. I have both 25/0.95 on EP2 and 50mm prime on FF (D700). I have to make a note to myself to do some controlled side by sides.
As I recall it there was 2+ meters between me and the nearest buoy. The buoys are about 30cm in diameter, not big at all. I found the result more or less as I anticipated. I cant go back and measure everything as the image is taken about 60km from where I live. Hence my offer to take an image of a measure tape.

Well, I have tried with 50 and 100mm lenses on µ4/3 and FF. The surprise I got was that the theories were so close to the practical results.

ZoranC

As I recall it there was 2+ meters between me and the nearest buoy. The buoys are about 30cm in diameter, not big at all.
For some reason they looked bigger than that to me :)

Hence my offer to take an image of a measure tape.
Thank you for the offer but I personally do not need it. However, if you want to help _all_ members downloadable SOOC copy of that shot would be great.

Well, I have tried with 50 and 100mm lenses on µ4/3 and FF. The surprise I got was that the theories were so close to the practical results.
I am not surprised that _DOF_ ended up what calculations said it would be, after all laws of optics are laws of optics. Side by side I am interested to do is one of rendering.

seakayaker

Cactus Garden ~ Conservatory ~ Volunteer Park

GF1 with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f0.95 -- ISO 400 -- f0.95 -- 1/4000

Jonas

For some reason they looked bigger than that to me :)

Thank you for the offer but I personally do not need it. However, if you want to help _all_ members downloadable SOOC copy of that shot would be great.

I am not surprised that _DOF_ ended up what calculations said it would be, after all laws of optics are laws of optics. Side by side I am interested to do is one of rendering.
Nah, I think posting a sooc image for download is of little use considering that the exact distances and sizes aren't known. My offer to shoot something known from a known distance and include a measuring tape stands.

I'm happy some can understand the equivalence theory. That has been a problem earlier here when discussing the CV25. I hope I'll be able to find some time having fun with the lens next week.

Ciao,

/Jonas

ustein

Contributing Editor
Uwe......very nice.

Looks like Bodie....is it?

R
Not Bodie. This is the San Juan Bautista State Park (maybe even older).

PS: I work as a volunteer for stills and video there. Currently working on a video installation.

Diane B

I'm really liking the output at this web size. I don't really need or want another MF 25mm so will wait to see if the 25 f1.f AF lens comes to pass but this is def. one I'm watching.

Jonas

There are too many good looking images in this thread. I had to find something else from everything I've done trying to learn the lens:

G1, CV25, 1/1250, f/0.95
Nice, plain ugly, to be expected - you decide.

regards,

/Jonas

ReeRay

I went for the Schneider Xenon 25mm F0.95.
So small and light. Easy to handhold
Very sharp at f1.4 and above and no slouch wide open.

[/url][/IMG]

Wide open

[/url][/IMG]

F2

[/url][/IMG]

100% crop

[/url][/IMG]