The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the m43 Voigtlaender 25mm f/0.95 lens

ReeRay

Not bad.
I'm not sure but I seem to recall once having dismissed the Schneider 25/0.95 as it doesn't cover the sensor. Is my memory playing me a trick?
Correct, it does not cover the sensor and in the 4:3 format vignetting is very obvious throughout the range. However, in the 3:2 format the vignetting is hardly detectable up to f2.8.

I can live with this as I bought the lens for low light shooting and the "problem" is not so apparent in that environment.

seakayaker

Ebay $400

ReeRay, beautiful photographs as usual! Love the color, sharp detail with the soft bokeh!

. . . . . you did manage a wonderful find when finding the Schneider Xenon 25mm F0.95 at $ 400.00, on the occasions I have done a search they usually come back in the $1200.00 to $1500.00 range. The two listed on ebay at the moment are for $1600.00 and $1540.00

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Schneider+Xenon+25mm+F0.95&_sacat=See-All-Categories

There does appear to be a number of schneider xenon 25/1.5 available in the $350.00 to $500.00 range and photographs I have seen taken with them are very nice as well.

PeterB666

Kris by peterb666, on Flickr

Kris the very old cat doing what he does best - resting.

This photo was taken with an Olympus E-P1 and Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95. The shot was taken indoors with a single light above (and not very bright).

The exposure is for 1/13 second at f/2 and the camera is set to ISO1600. The distance to Kris is approximately 0.4m.

vincechu

amazing images here - they're making me reconsider my order for a K5 and 31mm 1.8, even though micro four thirds and the voigtlander are very different to the pentax - i like what i see ;-)

hmmm... maybe after my bank account recovers... will be a very long time though :-( lol

Leigh

Uwe, you constantly amaze me.

I've never encountered anyone who can transform ordinary subjects into extraordinary art as well as you do.

My compliments, Sir.

- Leigh

ustein

Contributing Editor
>I've never encountered anyone who can transform ordinary subjects into extraordinary art as well as you do.

Thanks to encourage us.

DHart

Reeray... stunning images with your lens!

Uwe... awesome vision with the chair!

Dan... love that succulent image... superb.