The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the E-1

Mike Woods

It seems we are lacking an E-1 thread. So let's put that right here and now :D
I love this camera. I might love the E-3 but can't afford it, so this antiquated, 5mp beauty will have to do for the time being.

Please feel free to contribute.....otherwise I'll be forced to keep posting my own rubbish :ROTFL:
Best wishes
Mike

jonoslack

Hi Mike
These are all great - my son has abandoned his more modern Nikon dslr and fallen in love with my elderly E1.

There is a certain glow about it which you just don't seem to get elsewhere.

lovely stuff.

jonoslack

Hi David
Okay, I'll bite - these aren't brand new (as son has nicked E1)

All taken in Schinousa in 2004

Mike Woods

Jono,

They are really excellent! Do you do travel photography by any chance?
BTW whose David? :ROTFL:

Best wishes
Mike

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The E-1 is such a lovely camera, very much in the spirit of the OM-1. Unfortunately, I killed mine in a motorbike accident a few months ago. Here are a few from the last 12 months though:

11-22mm

OM 100mm f/2.8

11-22mm

jonoslack

Jono,

They are really excellent! Do you do travel photography by any chance?
BTW whose David? :ROTFL:
:ROTFL:
Really sorry - senior moment . . . . except, I have two pairs of problem names
Mike / David
Tony / Alan
they are completely interchangeable in my brain, basically the same name!

I sometimes make money out of my travel photography . . . but I always do it! and you?

jonoslack

Jono - Beautiful, Crisp, Lovely Contrast
Which Lenses??
ZEISS

:)
HI Helen
They're all with zuiko lenses - the exif should be there (I'm away from aperture).
I had the 11-22, 14-54, 50-200 and 50 macro on that trip. It was a torture test of the 'weatherproofing'; very very windy, and great clouds of dust everywere.

I really like the Olympus lenses, all excellent.

jonoslack

The E-1 is such a lovely camera, very much in the spirit of the OM-1. Unfortunately, I killed mine in a motorbike accident a few months ago. Here are a few from the last 12 months though:
Hi Jorgen
you should be able to get one secondhand as cheap as chips - and they last and last, so no fears there.
That 11-22 is a fine lens isn't it.
I love the balloon pic especially

Brian Mosley

These are all stunning shots... why would you need anything else? especially for web publishing. The colour is *wonderful*

I love that portrait Jono... fabulous!

Kind Regards

Brian

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Jorgen
you should be able to get one secondhand as cheap as chips - and they last and last, so no fears there.
That 11-22 is a fine lens isn't it.
I love the balloon pic especially
The 11-22 is a fabulous lens. I did consider a secondhand E-1, but have found that I would like more pixels and IS. The ideal solution would be a weather-sealed E-520 with the viewfinder of the E-3 and the shutter-sound of the E-1. For some reason, Olympus doesn't make that (Why they don't make cameras according to my particular needs is really strange, isn't it? I would promise to buy at least two if they did :LOL: )

Nothing beats Olympus for travel anyway. 2-4 lenses does anything I'll ever need when I'm out an about. And apart from motorbike accidents, they take whatever I throw at them :thumbs:

helenhill

HI Helen
They're all with zuiko lenses - the exif should be there (I'm away from aperture).
I had the 11-22, 14-54, 50-200 and 50 macro on that trip. It was a torture test of the 'weatherproofing'; very very windy, and great clouds of dust everywere.

I really like the Olympus lenses, all excellent.
Yeah well I'm having one of those moments too:ROTFL: meant to say zuiko
and said zeiss thinking about our PM discussion & the Rd1

Shots of Greece ...... DIVINE :clap:
best-H

Mike Woods

:ROTFL:
Really sorry - senior moment . . . . except, I have two pairs of problem names
Mike / David
Tony / Alan
they are completely interchangeable in my brain, basically the same name!

I sometimes make money out of my travel photography . . . but I always do it! and you?
Hi Jono,

:) No problem,

I'm totally an amateur. Never been paid for anything, although I have had a few images published by the National Trust. This was the first, again E-1:

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Woods

11-22mm

OM 100mm f/2.8

11-22mm
Jorgen,

You gotta love those E-1 colours :D
And I agree, the 11-22mm is a stellar lens. I have it with the 14-54 and a bunch of others, and it's usually glued to the E-500. Great combination!

Regards
Mike

Brian Mosley

I really think that the E-1 has a certain 'something' about the colours it produces... beautifully balanced richness and contrast.

Just fabulous!

Kind Regards

Brian