The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

So I needed something for the odd video

RichA

I love my G1 (I bought it, used it, sold it, bough a new one) but I rarely need to do some video. The fact I was able to buy one of these little tank-like things for $300 used but mint is amazing.

Diane B

I fiddle with a bit of video but honestly don't know much about it. I keep reading about the hack but I've never hacked any of my cameras so a bit hesitant doing it. What will I gain? My impressin is I will have more control over the camera in general for videoing.

Love the GF1 with the Cosmicar.

Godfrey

I fiddle with a bit of video but honestly don't know much about it. I keep reading about the hack but I've never hacked any of my cameras so a bit hesitant doing it. What will I gain? My impressin is I will have more control over the camera in general for videoing.

Figured if I was going to play with video a little bit, I might as well understand what I'm doing. Bought "From Still to Motion" by James Ball et al.[edited by the moderators] Looks to be a fine book with lots of info to help make some nice vids.

I'll be using the E-5. This was my first 20-second video clip last October... ;-)

Menlo School kids singing

Last edited by a moderator:

pellicle

Rich

I love my G1 ... The fact I was able to buy one of these little tank-like things for $300 used but mint is amazing.
same thinking went through my head ... after thinking very seriously about the GF1 I eneded up buying a GH1 used in good nic on ebay for only little more than that.

should be good for using the tele and working in bright light.

might buy a GF as yet..

MRfanny

you will get full control like the gh1 and you will get more detailed footage that is less prone to codec break up on highly detailed scenes and fast pans and subject movement with the increased video bitrate. I'm sure it shoots good video as is just like the gh1, but it can do better if one feels inclined to.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Folks,
Lets be nice.
Cut the Sh*t crap.
All the posts that were less than constructive have been deleted.
Yellow cards will be distributed at the next breach of civility.
You have been warned.
Thanks
-bob