The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Schneider Kreuznach joins mft

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, but I am holding my enthusiasm until I see the lineup.
-bob

emr

I think that's a good sign for m4/3 meaning it's a rather growing than dimishing standard. But I'm not sure what the factory does today regarding new lenses. In the Samsung DSLR era all the lenses were pure rebranded Pentax lenses, some might have had a bit different coatings. Of course the official Samsung gospel told that they were developed by Samsung and S-K. Right.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Absolutely great!

Especially as I am close to get back into 43 with an E5 again! SO the whole 43 and M43 world is just on the winning path!

RichA

ggibson

It's exciting, definitely. We all want to see more lenses available (especially fast ones)!

Seems kind of like a slap to Samsung and their NX partnership though. :rolleyes:

jonoslack

Looks great to me - the more the merrier.

Now all they need is that mythical professional level body . . . and the nice new zooms. I might even be tempted back.

It seems to me that m4/3 is getting such a headstart on the competition that it's getting increasingly hard for Nikon / Canon to catch up.

photoSmart42

I agree that from a strategic perspective it gives the format more credibility. Unless they launch a line specifically designed for the smaller form factor I don't see the point. You get more flexibility by using an existing manual focus lens in a different mount and adapting than getting the m4/3 mounted lens. For those of us who own several systems having dedicated mount lenses doesn't make much sense.

RichA

I wonder if we'll get any of these:

>It only lists Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony Alpha, and Pentax K. or Mamiya / Phase One for the 120mm. :-/
Those lenses are kind of slow. There is an opportunity to make really fast ones for the micro 4/3rds. I'd rather spend (if I was going to) $2k on a f0.95 25mm non-macro prime than an f4 macro.

slau

Those lenses are kind of slow. There is an opportunity to make really fast ones for the micro 4/3rds. I'd rather spend (if I was going to) $2k on a f0.95 25mm non-macro prime than an f4 macro.
+100%. It is only going to cost you $1K for one 25/0.95 :>). What will be their second M43 lens after their success in 25/0.95? Something like a 17/1.4 will be very sweet.

douglasf13

I'm a NEX user, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'm wondering how Zeiss/Cosina/Tamron/Sigma's recent announcement of NEX support will coexist with m4/3 designs? Do these companies design two, separate lines of small lenses, or do they design one and change mounts (and potentially electronics?)

Obviously, the latter would leave m4/3 the short end of the stick, since m4/3 lenses would be larger than they need to be, and the focal lengths may be odd. However, it could be a possibility, since it would be a much cheaper option for these companies, no?