The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panny 14 2.5 significantly better than kit 14-42?

soboyle

Looking at the photos posted here from the 14 2.5 lens, it looks quite good, and I'm seriously considering it as my next lens.
Just wanted to get some feedback from those who own both the kit lens and the 14 2.5 on how much better the 14 2.5 is.
Thanks

Pelao

Hi
The two lenses are very different so much depends on what you want to shoot. Are you are OK with losing the extra reach of the 14-45?

I would rather get that extra reach through a prime, but for some users both lenses would be necessary.

Terry

I'm waiting for the GF2 14mm kit to arrive. For my tiny kit (If I like the GF2) looks like it will be some combo of 9-18, 14, 14-42 (oly original), 20.

Roel

I'm waiting for the GF2 14mm kit to arrive. For my tiny kit (If I like the GF2) looks like it will be some combo of 9-18, 14, 14-42 (oly original), 20.
Hi Terry,

I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the GF2. I sold my GF1 to fund my GH2, now I am regretting that decision as there are times I just want a slim profile camera with 1-2 pancake lenses. I would it as a backup to my GH2.

I don't know if I should just buy a used GF1 or get the GF2... so any thoughts you can offer would be great.

wyip

I'm considering getting a GF2 kit with 14mm lens to supplement my GH1. Other lenses I have are the 14-45, 45-200, and 20mm. I've read many mixed reviews of the 14mm pancake, so I figure the best way to find out if its for me is to try it. I'm going with the GF2 instead of GF1 because it comes in a kit with the 14mm, it has improved video functionality and stereo mic on top, and I'm curious about the touch UI.