The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GF-1 w/7-14, and 45 macro in Ethiopia

markwon

First of all, I would like to say how pleased I was that my Gf-1 is still working fine after about three drops on the pavement. The leather case seemed to have helped but it sure can take a beating. Not even a moment of pause. Just picked it up and started firing away.

I took the GF-1 w/7-14 and 45 macro for the wide and longer end, and used my M8 w/24 elmarit and 35 cron for more normal kind of shooting. I still have hundreds of photos to look over but here are a few samples. More to come.

7-14mm

45 macro

biglouis

Mark

Amazing photographs. A truly great experience to view them. Once again, it is worth remembering that the photographer makes a great picture and the camera is only a tool. Well done.

LouisB

Leica 77

Mark

Amazing photographs. A truly great experience to view them. Once again, it is worth remembering that the photographer makes a great picture and the camera is only a tool. Well done.

LouisB
I agree with Louis 100%! BTW, many moons ago, I visited Ethiopia several times and I found the countryside especially very beautiful. In one of the villages away from Addis, I was invited by its village chief for a cup of coffee. He served the coffee with salt instead of sugar. Considering the high temperature (110 - 120 degrees F in the shade), the coffee - salt combination made a lot of sense at that time. :)

markwon

Thank you both for your kind words. Ethiopia is a very photogenic country.

Biglouis--I totally agree with you about the camera being a tool. I was just very surprised that the GF-1 took such a beating and didn't even flinch. I took the GF-1 with lenses instead of a second M8 body to really see what it is capable of and I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Though the tiny EVF does get tiring after a while.

Leica77--speaking of coffee, I still dearly miss the Machiattos I had there, especially Kaffa Coffee House.

Here are a few more I managed to pick out from my pile: