The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Off Camera Shoe Cord for Panasonic G1

Does anyone know where to obtain an off camera shoe cord for the Panasonic G1 flash system? I can find them for virtually any other camera but not Panasonic.

Thank You
Paul

Many Thanks Dragos

I did not know that the flash standards for Panasonic and Olympus were the same but I am fairly new to Panasonic cameras. I quickly found many off camera shoe cords available for the Olympus flash standard.

Thanks again
Paul

Last edited:

kweide

i use a Canon compatibel extension TTL cable on all my Olys. Has the same pinout, works fine !

Godfrey

Does anyone know where to obtain an off camera shoe cord for the Panasonic G1 flash system? I can find them for virtually any other camera but not Panasonic.
Since the Canon, Olympus and Panasonic dedicated flash connections are pinout compatible, this extra-long cable for $55-65 will be right up your alley:

http://ocfgear.com/ettl-cord-extra-long/

I have two of the Olympus CB-FL05 cables. They work great, but being coiled and only 1m long, they're just not as useful as a much longer, non-coiled flash extension cable like this. And they're just as expensive ...!

Thanks Kweide and Godfrey

Information like this is very hard to find in books. The 10 meter off camera shoe cord is exactly what I need.

Paul

T

TomBrooklyn

i use a Canon compatibel extension TTL cable on all my Olys. Has the same pinout, works fine !
I just got a new Canon compatible cable, the Yongnuo OC-E3, and it seemed so tight it wouldn't fit onto my LX3. Inspired by the information in this thread, however, I dared to push harder on it. It requires more effort than would seem normal, but it does go on smoothly when pushed hard enough.

I would also note the Canon cable has four small pins and the Panasonic has three. So while a Canon cable may work for Pana, the other way around might not.