Site Sponsors

Capture Integration Digital Transitions Camera West empty Guy Mancuso Photography

Thread: E-PL2 vs E-PL1 build quality

Post Thanks / Like

E-PL2 vs E-PL1 build quality

None of my local stores have the E-PL2 in stock but I have read very favourable reviews and love my E-P2 so looking to possibly get one as a second body

One of the things that put me off the E-PL1 was the build quality where, to me, the camera felt it was made of very light plastic. I appreciate the E-PL2 won't be as solid as the E-P2 but I'd welcome views of those that have held both the E-PL1 and E-PL2

Last edited by daveproctor; 21st February 2011 at 07:39.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-PL2 vs E-PL1 build quality

From DPReview. With my own experience I can say quality is much nearer to E-P1/2 than to PL1.

Build quality is excellent, exactly as we'd expect from a camera in the PEN range (and any camera at this price). The E-PL2 is solid and well-built, and most of its control points have a positive, high-quality feel. The only exception, sadly, is the rear dial, which (like the E-P2's) is rather small and fiddly. Despite its lower-end billing E-P2 users interested in the E-PL2 as a second body certainly won't feel like they've taken a step downwards.

Re: E-PL2 vs E-PL1 build quality

I've tried out the E-PL2 side by side in store with my E-PL1, build quality and the feel of the E-PL2 body and the new lens is definitely a notch up from its older sibling.