The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Surfer Girl!

Tesselator

Some shots taken with the FD 300mm f/2.8L (on the GH1 camera)

I think surfing is what this lens was made for. Seriously, the designer must have been a surfer and wanted the ultimate lens to fit the ultimate sport! These are all wide open and I thought the lens was so good and so colorful that I shot small low quality JPegs on my GH1 - something I usually never do cuz it sucks. :D

All shot at F/2.8, ISO 100, and are 80~90% crops, Some sharpening but no other processing. :eek: Fluorite ROCKS!!!

And here's a little comp... The real reason guys surf and of course why you clicked... ;) :

:D

!-Enjoy

apicius9

Very nice pics. I wish I would have had that lens a week ago at the North Shore in Oahu, great waves but the guys were really far out there, much too far for the 14-140 I had in my bag. The colors are really nice.

Stefan

P.S. Surfers out here usually wear considerably less clothing ;)

Tesselator

Hehe,

Thanks Stefan!

Yeah these guys were out there. They just looked like little black blobs. I couldn't see face color nor what kind of boards they were riding. After I calibrate the 300/2.8L for infinity (it has it's own manual dynamic calibration) the guide numbers said I was shooting at about 60-70 meters. I guess that's close to correct. I was very impressed with the lens. One guy was wearing a white wrist-watch and I could tell what time it was looking through the lens... :thumbs: