The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

50mm Tilt Shift lens for micro 4/3

Diane B

No, I haven't but I will add I find my EF 45/2.8 TS less useful on my m4/3 because of the FOV. Whereas I like it very much on my 5D. Its a bit too long for using it for shifting and for tilting I like using my Lensbaby tilt adapter with a Nikkor 35/2 or 24/2.8 better. Just thought I would add that. Have you considered finding an FD tilt/shift? I think they are 35/2.8 and shouldn't be too much more expensive than this and since you're MF anyhow just a thought. At least you would have some feedback on the lens.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/canon/fdresources/fdlenses/35mmTS/35mmts.htm

Diane

pellicle

Mark, thanks for reminding me I need to buy that adaptor from the fellow in Italy

As a lover of my TS-E 24 and 90mm lenses on 35mm film I feel that at 50mm on a 4/3 (close to the look of a 90) will be most useful tilted and for shift we don't have anything wide enough (that I'm willing to spend the money on).

I've been urging people to make a tilt shift adaptor ... but to no avail

12mm lenses to cover enough area (aka 35mm lenses) are either dear or have shi-ite resolution, so I don't really think that shift is so important.

so I'll get the adaptor so I can use high quality lenses of what ever focal length I prefer

:)

Diane B

Please report back on that adapter. I've used my LB tilt adapter with FD lens but have to use Nikon to FD small adapter which means a bit of glass. The results were pretty decent but in the end mostly use my Nikkor 24 and 35.

mark1958

what adapter are you speaking of?

Mark, thanks for reminding me I need to buy that adaptor from the fellow in Italy

As a lover of my TS-E 24 and 90mm lenses on 35mm film I feel that at 50mm on a 4/3 (close to the look of a 90) will be most useful tilted and for shift we don't have anything wide enough (that I'm willing to spend the money on).

I've been urging people to make a tilt shift adaptor ... but to no avail

12mm lenses to cover enough area (aka 35mm lenses) are either dear or have shi-ite resolution, so I don't really think that shift is so important.

so I'll get the adaptor so I can use high quality lenses of what ever focal length I prefer

:)

mark1958

Diane thanks for your comments and suggestions. I will have to think through the options or just stick to my other systems if i want to do TS work

Michiel Schierbeek

May be it was me :)

The Adrionoli adapter is actually a tilt adapter only. Mine is made for Olympus OM mount and works fine with all my OM mount lenses.

Michiel

Diane B

Yes, Michiel, how could I forget LOL. I've continued to enjoy your images but had forgotten you had the tilt adapter.

Diane