The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Downtown Detroit with my new GH2

RonSmith

My GH2 body arrived on Friday (thanks Robert!) and I was sitting as a mediator in Detroit on Monday. I brought the GH2 and some lenses with me and took a quick walk through downtown and along the riverfront during the lunch break. I also took some from the 15th floor hearing room between cases.

Your thoughts and critiques are most welcome.

20110328 020a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 024a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 041a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 055a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 059a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 065a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 082a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

20110328 083a by Ronald S. Smith, on Flickr

seakayaker

Impressive serie! Last 2 are my favourite.
Are there any people living in that city (anymore)?:confused:

Michiel
My thoughts exactly, it looks like you were shooting during early Sunday Morning hours with the lack of people and traffic. Monday in downtown Detroit looks pretty quiet.

Ron, great shots, thanks for posting.

bensonga

Outstanding! Which lenses did you use on these shots Ron? I think I my favorite is the third image.

I see most were taken with the 14mm lens....very impressive results!

Might have to replace my G1 after all......

Gary

Last edited:

RonSmith

Thanks very much gentlemen.

It was pretty quiet down by the river on Monday, party due to the cold I suppose. When they have events, ethnic festivals, etc., there are large crowds of people. There was more foot traffic around the office buildings and courthouse, but Detroit isn't what it used to be.

Most of those were taken with the 14. The 4th was with the 7-14 and the 7th was with the 45.