The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro 4/3 (which one?) or NEX?

Godfrey

Olympus' position on the pro grade m4/3 camera seems very unclear. In an interview recently (can't remember where), they stated that it's 2-3 years away, but that might be the hybrid 4/3-m4/3 camera many are dreaming about. It would be nice if there is at least a "half pro" camera this year. Still, I will probably use both Panasonic and Olympus. They seem to have different strengths.
Given that all the Japanese manufacturers have had a bit of a hiccup in their plans due to the well-known external events, none can be held accountable to whatever was said in an interview prior to March 11.

I don't need to know when Olympus will release its next pro-grade camera, of whatever format. I'm quite happy with the E-5 and my current kit. If I really need a smallish camera any time before they release something new, I'll just pick from what's available. They all perform well enough already ...

ptomsu

Workshop Member
All this discussion about what might happen and when it might happen and if it might happen - MAN, I also want new toys but to be very honest, I never was so happy with a DSLR before than I am with the E5. In combination with 2/14-35 and 2/35-100. And some old Zuiko lenses one can buy today for a real bargain ;)

I even am so happy, that I almost stopped posting here and in other places, as I like shooting so much with that camera.

So to make it short - I will be able to easily survive till Olympus brings their next great success - E7, M43xyz, .... who knows. And for small I can use either my EP2 and/or GH2.

Josh, actually you should no longer bother with 43 or M43 if you are not convinced till now and just go for the wonderful NEX and have fun. :rolleyes: NEX is for sure much better!

Last edited: