The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G3: My hands-on first impressions

We will have to agree to disagree
we just have to wait until DxO tests and dpreview where they will publish results of the raw conversion w/ ACR w/o NR applied... GH2 raws were already converted w/ ACR 6.x (dpreview published it in March 2011), so it will be very clear who is right : you - raw files (G3 sensor) are "better" than what Panasonic managed to achieve so far (pre G3) _or_ me - raw converter (in G3's firmware) is better, but sensor (and raw files) is actually cropped GH2 sensor... so let us wait :watch:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
@ Pelao: the Houseman quote was misquoted in Neil Postman's truly excellent book, "Amusing ourselves to death". "Three" became "A minute's thought..." which works even better! Cheers, KL

Pelao

you - raw files (G3 sensor) are "better" than what Panasonic managed to achieve so far (pre G3)
Um...never said that. That wasn't my point.

Let's just say you are right, and all will be well with the world.

Pelao

@ Pelao: the Houseman quote was misquoted in Neil Postman's truly excellent book, "Amusing ourselves to death". "Three" became "A minute's thought..." which works even better! Cheers, KL
Well, I have a copy on my bookshelf. it's been there for about a year, just waiting. Now you've prompted me to go and read it.
Thanks!

D

dennisgibson

I added Panasonic to the pages I'm a fan of on facebook and went through their FB page to get to their website. I added the G3 and kit lens to my basket and it showed as being $559. I went to check out and put in my zip, shipping was $4 so the total should've been around $600 including tax. For some reason after I entered my CC the total they were going to charge me was the original price plus shipping and tax (somewhere around $760). Did anyone else have this issue?

Thanks everyone,

Dennis

mach330

looking at some pix. do you guys think it's possible to fit the contax g lens with metabones adapter in the new g3? it looks a bit tight up top on where it curves. i ordered mine and that would suck if i can't use one of my fav lens/adapter.