The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus E-P3, its official now!

m3photo

Re: Reading Glasses

But still no HQ EVF? :( That's the only think keeping me from these - Sony's too. So sad... they make a nice camera and then mess it up by being too cheap to put on all the parts. It makes it really difficult to use these things for a lot of people and altogether impossible for someone like me who doesn't want to bring his reading glasses with him everywhere.
Exactly. I also considered the Sony - but not at arm's length. :D

sagar

If Olympus has resolved AF issues and claim it be fastest in the world, I am confident E-xxx type body is in the works may be for release late this year or next year

m3photo

Re: He says, and he says ...

one of what Michael?
OK, so David says - 'Will Pentax bring out an APS-C non DSLR which I could use my Ltd primes on?'
And I say - 'May the gods hear ye, David'
So he says - 'Offerings have been made.
Jono thinks there may be something on the way, so I'll wait a while.'
And my take is: 'The general consensus around here seems to be that Jono might be one of them ...'

them implying one of the "gods", my roundabout way of saying you're one to be reckoned with when it comes to good kit.

Phew!

(Anyway, you know it's your fault I bought a K5 ... ;))

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Actually interesting how small number of people are obviously interested in the EP3, given all the other threads in 4/3 being heavily followed, but this one is just not of interest.

Interesting, because already EP2 was (and still is) a great camera, I always loved it more than even my GH2. But the EP3 seems to top this by far. And still no interest.

One must go mainstream to get interest ......

Michiel Schierbeek

Well I did follow this thread but I was never overwhelmed by the retro design of the EP-2 or 3.
If it has to be small I am much more interested in the upcoming Olympus E-PL3 in brushed steel.
Real small and designwise much more to my liking especially with that beautiful 12mm lens on it.
A real streetcam!

But then there also will be the new 24 MP Nex-7 with EVF in august to make things more complicated.
And then I will start thinking again.

Meanwhile I am happy with the GH2.

Michiel

ggibson

I don't know, ptomsu, there seem to be quite a few people who are interested in the E-P3. 43rumors had a poll asking readers which they favored between the G3 and E-P3, and the Olympus was ahead by more than a 2:1 ratio. I was surprised, actually, as I had expected the G3 to come out on top.

Pelao

I don't know, ptomsu, there seem to be quite a few people who are interested in the E-P3. 43rumors had a poll asking readers which they favored between the G3 and E-P3, and the Olympus was ahead by more than a 2:1 ratio. I was surprised, actually, as I had expected the G3 to come out on top.
I saw that, but apart from it not being a scientific poll, I think it is more of a heart reaction than head. Given the recent announcements it will be mostly Olympus users tuning in, as the first (rather sketchy) reviews roll in. The E-P3 probably has more sex appeal.

The G3 has been out for a while longer, to virtually universal praise from reviewers.

m3photo

Re: Poll

43rumors had a poll asking readers which they favored between the G3 and E-P3, and the Olympus was ahead by more than a 2:1 ratio. I was surprised, actually, as I had expected the G3 to come out on top.
Ah, the quirks of democracy ...

Actually, if you read through the comments the opposite is the case; most favour the G3. Opinion polls with a 50% choice are obviously not so good, I'd bet that most of the majority that choose the Olympus model just go by the 'pretty pictures' of it and know little more about either camera.

Sorry, I hadn´t reached Pelao's answer as it was on a new page, my answer is now superfluous as it just agrees with his.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Re: He says, and he says ...

OK, so David says - 'Will Pentax bring out an APS-C non DSLR which I could use my Ltd primes on?'
And I say - 'May the gods hear ye, David'
So he says - 'Offerings have been made.
Jono thinks there may be something on the way, so I'll wait a while.'
And my take is: 'The general consensus around here seems to be that Jono might be one of them ...'

them implying one of the "gods", my roundabout way of saying you're one to be reckoned with when it comes to good kit.

Phew!

(Anyway, you know it's your fault I bought a K5 ... ;))
:ROTFL: Well, if so, I must be one of the very low IQ variety!:loco:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The E-P3/G3/GH2 dilemma is very easy to summarize:

- The Olympus doesn't have a viewfinder (no, I don't like loose $300 plastic parts bouncing around in my bag).
- The Panasonics don't have IS
- They all use different batteries, and they are all different from those that I use in the GH1

The OM-1 that I used for some 30 years, on the other hand... :deadhorse: :rolleyes: :deadhorse:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
The E-P3/G3/GH2 dilemma is very easy to summarize:

- The Olympus doesn't have a viewfinder (no, I don't like loose $300 plastic parts bouncing around in my bag).
- The Panasonics don't have IS
- They all use different batteries, and they are all different from those that I use in the GH1

The OM-1 that I used for some 30 years, on the other hand... :deadhorse: :rolleyes: :deadhorse:
Jorgen,

not ure there is help for you :D