The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G3, chocolate

retow

Looking good. The first Panasonic jpegs I like. Had a GF1 and G but never got along with the color output and WB. I start to feel some GAS creeping into my system: a G3 with the new 12mm Oly, Summilux 25mm and Oly 45mm. If only the EP3 would use the same sensor and had an integrated VF.........

hot

G3 + Tokina 80-400 (~ 9 years old)

NEX5 + Tokina 80-400

NX100 + Tokina 80-400

hot

Pictures are not cropped - out of camera, only resized.
Look displays ... flowers moving, very windy.

Tesselator

Yeah, that's what I mean. When they are resized (scaled) almost nothing can be told about the image quality. A pin-hole lens on a 24mpx camera looks totally awesome scaled to the size you've posted these at. Thus why I requested some 100% (not scaled) cropped (so small enough to post) comparisons.

Anyway, if you could that would be awesome - and very appreciated! :)

hot

G3 + 14-42

next 2 photos ... only difference: position of $4.99 (!) pol filter.
yes, i know: pol filter for $80-$120 makes 99x better pictures ...

hot

Two pictures with same pol filter (for $ 4.99 incl. shipping) - of course pol filters for $80-$120 are muuuuuch better, 99x better! (haha)

hot

G3 + 14-42 + fisheye lens (for less than $50)

out of camera:

Last edited:

hot

Last night I had to catch a (green) grasshopper in my office, it made a deafening crash - I thought I had tinitus :D

Tesselator

Cool idea with the glass ball!

They sell natural fluorite balls here in Japan. About $100 will get ya a 4cm (40mm) ø ball. I've been wanting to try what you just did here for a few years now but haven't found the time.

hot

Today arrived my MeiKe ring flash / ring light from China - 9 days Hongkong-Europe, $ 34.48 = € 24.46 incl. shipping.

I've ordered for Canon, but as ring light it is usable for EACH camera, as flash light you must order with right socket.

32 LEDs (5500K) you can regulate in 7 steps, also select left side or right side. Included are 7 adapter rings - screw on it and clip on ring light.