The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G3, chocolate

hot

These are some test pictures with my G3 + (Canon)MeiKe ring light in total darkness - ring flash would not be usable. Natural colors with 32 daylight LEDs (5500K), not blueish, unnatural colors like with old (12-LED) lights.

I used +10 macro lens, a cheap, bad lens, macro lens (Tamron 60/2) is of course 100x better.

hot

100W bulb, distance 1.5m

G3 + 14-42 ... 6400 ISO

G3 + 14-42 ... 400 ISO

G3 + Fujian 35mm / 1.7 ... out of camera ... lens price $ 28 (incl. shipping)

M5-Guy

@hot
These are a great set of photo's you have here...
>Ring-light Q.
What size adapters does it come with., and was this an eBay purchase?

les

Thanks for the pointers - but unfortunately Canon's are not my thing. I was hoping there might be a Minolta AF to m4/3 which was a thriftier alternative to the Novoflex. I guess the answer is not at this time - but many thanks for the quick response.

les

Thanks again for the suggestions - in fact I already have an almost identical adapter from Fotodiox. It seemed to me that something with similar functionality to the Canon adapters (with Aperture adjustment) might be a better solution.
I'm left to guess on how it all works in practice, since I'm one of those waiting on delivery of their G3 from big P - when that day comes I'll be able to get away from mere speculation.
Meantime, maybe you can briefly comment on the use of the AF/m43 adapter and whether it requires a different technique to the more fully featured Canon adapter.
Have to complement you on the variety of life and colour in your garden - must require a lot of attention, I'm impressed that you have time for all of that on top of all your impressive photographic endeavours.

Cheers,

Les
Atlanta, GA

hot

Both are "working identically". With Canon ("wired" aperture) you need an extra aperture ---> more expensive
With Minolta/Sony you only need a lever for lens aperture ---> a lot cheaper. And no vignetting, because it's the same in-lens.

photos with G3 + Sigma/Minolta 28-80 ... @80mm macro

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks again for the suggestions . . . . . .
Have to complement you on the variety of life and colour in your garden - must require a lot of attention, I'm impressed that you have time for all of that on top of all your impressive photographic endeavours.

Cheers,

Les
Atlanta, GA
+1, HOT

Lovely garden, pictures - and I've just purchased the Sony a-mount adapter

Thank you

Keith

hot

ZOOM H1 is a very good extern stereo mic which can be used with EACH camera, with/without hot shoe, with/without camera audio in

microSD card, wav, mp3 ... display ...