For now, for me, the G3 is a solution that fits best. But if I could spec one...
1. Metal body with some enviro-sealing.
2. Articulated, 1M OLED (or quantum dot) screen.
3. 16 meg sensor.
4. 2.1M fast refresh EVF
5. In-body I.S.
6. Fast focus with all lenses.
7. Horizon gauge like the Nikon D7000
8. Lots of buttons instead of menus, but not cluttered so you hit them by accident.
9. AF illuminator light.
10. Rubber (real, not molded plastic) grips in strategic areas.
11. One-button electronic image zoom for easy MF.
12. Interval timing. (like Nikon)
13. 1080P video.
14. An optional grip for those who want it.
15. Max $1k price tag for body.