The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G3

Diane B

Kenmore in Seattle posted on Facebook yesterday they had black body only G3s in stock. I bought my brown kit there 3 weeks ago. They also posted the day before having GH2s so they seem to have a stream of Panasonic stock.

Diane

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Mark1958 !

you wouldn't remember the name of that Brussels shop, would you ?
Or an approx location ?
Was it just a shop or a gigantic outlet like FNAC or MediaMarkt ?

I'm looking for a body only. Lenses, I own enough (too many, as the lady of the house says)

C U,
Rafael

DHart

Just call around to brick and mortar camera shops... even in larger cities that may not be close to you (buy over the phone). When big internet dealers are out of stock, many of these smaller brick and mortar stores have them in stock. I'm going to pick up my chocolate G3 today from a local brick and mortar that has two chocolates in stock.

DHart

I know.... life gets in the way sometimes. Camera shop has been holding one for me. :D Leaving for Portland NOW!

scatesmd

Workshop Member
I got one about 2 weeks ago, ordered thru Amazon. My wife just took it to Boston, so hope to see what the files look like this weekend on her return.

Thanks, steve

DHart

Got it home. Yipppeee. Battery charging. Trying to be patient. While charging, I'm checking out the form factor... I like it. Easier to hold with a better finger grip than I was expecting. Feels fine with the 14-140. While smaller and lighter than my GH2, not significantly so. It's a very attractive little camera.

The chocolate color is nice... nicely matches my Tenba Mini Messenger which is chocolate also. I have a Tenba Large Messenger chocolate on the way from B&H as well. I plan to use the mini Messenger as a daily run around bag to hold a camera and lens or two, wallet, checkbook, sunglasses, cell phone, water bottle, pens, iPad. And will use the large Messenger for taking GH2 and G3, a half dozen lenses or so, 17" MacBook Pro, etc.

Pelao

Got it home. Yipppeee. Battery charging. Trying to be patient. While charging, I'm checking out the form factor... I like it. Easier to hold with a better finger grip than I was expecting. Feels fine with the 14-140. While smaller and lighter than my GH2, not significantly so. It's a very attractive little camera.

The chocolate color is nice... nicely matches my Tenba Mini Messenger which is chocolate also. I have a Tenba Large Messenger chocolate on the way from B&H as well. I plan to use the mini Messenger as a daily run around bag to hold a camera and lens or two, wallet, checkbook, sunglasses, cell phone, water bottle, pens, iPad. And will use the large Messenger for taking GH2 and G3, a half dozen lenses or so, 17" MacBook Pro, etc.
Congratulations.

I agree about the grip etc. it is a very small camera, but I think they put a huge amount of effort into designing the ergonomics. It's a constant in reviews: small, yet very nice to hold.

Enjoy!

DHart

Yep, for such a small camera it's surprisingly easy to hold with fairly large hands. And the chocolate model really does look like... chocolate!

I'm recording RAWs as I usually do, with JPGs as well, for now, until LR updates.

M5-Guy

Looks Good.... Enjoy, I have had mine (BK) for a few weeks now. the other day, I used the LCD the whole day... 10m of Video and 202 stills... loved the touch/AF/Shoot option.. very fast...
You'll need to post photo's now. ;)

Terry

loved the touch/AF/Shoot option.. very fast...
Touch AF/Touch shooting are definitely underrated. Some reviews have said it causes motion blur but I've found if I keep my shutter speeds up that it works quite well.