The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the EP3

marlof

Some nice shots from you guys here. What is the attraction of the EP3 over any Panasonic that has a built-in VF?
  • It fits in my pocket better.
  • It has IBIS, which is nice to have also with the shorter focal lengths, where even the Panasonic lenses don't have OIS.
  • I don't use the EVF much with a smaller camera like the PEN. I can see pretty fine on the screen on the back. As soon as I use a bigger camera, like my GH2, I don't like shooting with the screen, and use the EVF.
  • Love the classic look.

jonoslack

• It has IBIS, which is nice to have also with the shorter focal lengths, where even the Panasonic lenses don't have OIS.
  • I don't use the EVF much with a smaller camera like the PEN. I can see pretty fine on the screen on the back. As soon as I use a bigger camera, like my GH2, I don't like shooting with the screen, and use the EVF.
  • Love the classic look.
+1 on all of this. Added to which, if you want an EVF you just plug it in

Amin

• Love the classic look.
+2 on all of this :).

Glad you're enjoying the E-P3, Jono. I've got my eye on that Oly 14-150. It's a great little (for a megazoom) lens.

Brian Mosley

• Love the classic look.
+3 on all of this, and the mZD 14-150 suits the Pen fine Amin :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

kweide

Today i checked the E-PL3 and to be honest it looked cheap and it felt cheap and me "best of all" wife said: "Sweetheart, that little thingy looks plastic and cheap. Take the other!" Well the other was the E-P3 in shiny silver with 12 mm Lens mounted and VF-2. She said "Looks like Leica M camera" Oh my dear wife you are so clever...... and the E cam has a new companion.

But that little beast is such incredible fast !!!! I am happy !

Brian Mosley

I agree the E-P3 looks way more sexy, but the E-PL3 is at least as solidly built, and imho more fun to shoot with.

Can't wait to try out the 12mm though! please post some samples soon :watch:

Cheers

Brian

Diane B

Still such a pretty girl. I've enjoyed seeing her as she's grown up.

The top photo is interesting to me besides being a nice photo in itself. The ruins plus the other large stone building and what looks to me like a church and cemetery then with the newer part of the town with the stairs down--I wonder if you can tell a bit more about it.

Diane

T

thearne3

Glad to see your E-P3 pics, Brian! Is there a Safari Group chapter in the NY/CT area? Perhaps we can convince you to come over to this side of the pond...

Best,
Tom

Brian Mosley

Hi Tom, we do have a few members in your area - it's just a case of encouraging a meetup... I would love to get back to the US sometime, but need to get some work first!

Cheers

Brian

Brian Mosley

Out and about today, getting to grips with the E-P3 for street shooting... this shot was before I switched to centre weighted auto-exposure.

...just about recovered using Lightzone.

E-P3 + Lumix 20mm f1.7
1/1600s f/3.5 at 20.0mm iso200

Cheers

Brian

Last edited:

Amin

Thanks, Jorgen. The second one is from Boston Public Garden. The rest were from a few days spent at Old Orchard Beach in Maine.