The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adobe LR 3 and Panasonic G3 RAW files

kwalsh

Not yet. DPR has access to an ACR6.5 beta release that does and they used it in their reviews, so clearly support is on its way soon. Unfortunately Adobe has always been coy about release dates so "soon" is about all the info you are likely to get! Hopefully a public LR3.5 beta is just around the corner.

Ken

Diane B

I've downloaded it and imported the RAW files. Happy as a clam with the upgrade from G1/GF1 in terms of low light/higher ISO. I haven't compared otherwise but was happy with jpegs generally (I shot RAW + jpeg and imported jpegs to Lightroom initially and just had LR add the RAWs to each folder) so expect to be happy overall with G3 RAW files.

henningw

What a relief! The G3 jpeg are OK, but the LR3.5 and raw files make the camera really worthwhile! Silkypix is awful, and C1 is a clumsy workflow for me.

Henning

C

carlweese

Any word whether the new ACR beta is available for those of us who use it directly with Photoshop/Bridge, rather than Lightroom? I really want to get at my G3 Raw files...

C

carlweese

Answered my own question: found a link to the "camera raw 6.5 release candidate" over at dpReview. Downloading it now.

les

I'm finding that while both LR RC and Camera Raw RC will read the RW2 files, they are not being converted to RAW or identified for Calibration etc.
Have posted this experience on Photoshop Support..........of course it could be me.......

bennettk

Google "Camera Raw Beta 6.5" for several sites where you can download that version. It handles G3 raw files just fine.