The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bogen tripod 190cxpro3 for Panny G!

cherrywood1

Hello looking for a small light carbon fiber tripod for my M43 system , would like to keep price in the 300 dollar range or lower.
Has any one used this Manfrotto tripod for m43 . If so how do you like it for stability and vibration concerns. Want to take into the mountains and pack as light as possible.
Any user experience or other models to pick from.
Will only use it for M43 system. nothing larger.

Thanks Dennis.

ggibson

I have a carbon fiber Benro tripod (a discontinued mode). I think the build quality is very nice. It's quite stable, plus there is a hook underneath to hang a bag from to add some weight. Benro has some good lines which are made to fold down and be compact for travel. You compromise on the height a bit (only about 60 inches tall), but if you're hiking it's a trade-off you'll be happy to take. With ball-head, mine weighs about 2.5 lbs. If you want something lighter still, you'll need to go down to a mini-tripod like a GorillaPod or maybe the Tamrac Zipshot.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sirui makes some ultralight tripods in carbon fiber that sells for around 300 dollars where I live. The lightest one, T-1205X, is only 800 grams. It only extends to 112.5 mm plus extension, but with the articulated LCD of the G1, that should be to live with. I haven't tried it under "real" circumstances, but it feels surprisingly rigid. Stability will be an issue with anything that light though.

Last edited:

cherrywood1

Sirui makes some ultralight tripods in carbonfiber that sells for around 300 dollars where I live. The lightest one, T-1205X, is only 800 grams. It only extends to 112.5 mm plus extension, but with the articulated LCD of the G1, that should be to live with. I havenæt tried it under "real" circumstances, but it feels surprisingly rigid. Stability will be an issue with anything that light though.
Thanks guys for the replies. Having a Gitzo carbon fiber its hard to go with anything else, but my Gitzo is too long ,and too heavy to use on M43. But I like Gitzo, as parts can redily be secured.

Having said that, I looked at the Sirui, but the parts issue holds me back on these asian tripods.

Think i will order the Bogen, as parts are easy to secure here in the US.Iam only 5-6 tall so it should be ok, and as Jorgen said the G1 with tilt/LCD allows the tough shots to be taken more easily.

Will report back after using the 190CXpro3 for a while.

Thanks for you comments, Dennis.

bennettk

I have that Bogen tripod, it's okay. I use a big carbon Gitzo for work, and as you say it's hard to go with anything else. The 190 is reasonably light, but it's not tall enough for me.

I'm also looking for a travel 'pod for my m4/3 gear, and I think I'll try the Feisol travel tripod. They make a Tall version that is 56 inches without the center column, closes to 19 inches, and weighs 1.03kg. Cost is only $320.

http://reallybigcameras.com/Feisol/Tall_Traveler.htm

As usual, I don't have any interest in this company -- I'm not even a happy customer yet! They also sell their regular Traveler, which folds to 17 inches.