The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

45 f1.8 arrived

Hauxon

I did buy the hood seperately for whooping 3054 yens. I'd say it's money not well spent, it's just a small piece of plastic. I just felt the lens would not be complete without it. It's also kind of flimsy how you attach it. The lens has a plasic silver ring in the front to hide the bayonet and make the lens look nicer. Yon need to remove it before attaching the shade. I'm afraid I will loose it.

The lens is focus by wire but it's silky smooth, the best on a FBW lens i've tried. It somehow feels as if you're moving something. :) From reviews I've read it's got the same smoothness as the 12/2 lens.

Hrannar

Terry

I did buy the hood seperately for whooping 3054 yens. I'd say it's money not well spent, it's just a small piece of plastic. I just felt the lens would not be complete without it. It's also kind of flimsy how you attach it. The lens has a plasic silver ring in the front to hide the bayonet and make the lens look nicer. Yon need to remove it before attaching the shade. I'm afraid I will loose it.

The lens is focus by wire but it's silky smooth, the best on a FBW lens i've tried. It somehow feels as if you're moving something. :) From reviews I've read it's got the same smoothness as the 12/2 lens.

Hrannar
That's where I started this thread. Mine arrived with the little plastic bit very loose and not snapped. Not a design decision I would have made. But the focus by wire and lens performance doesn't disappoint.