The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica Summilux 25mm/1.4

jtwloh

Kamoulox, your series from France is is pretty nice.

Ronsmith, the 25/1,4 seems to work very well for landscape shots. There is really alot of fine details captured and rendering is very natural. It has that special draw to it that I can't seem to find word to describe it. Impressive landscape series.

ErikTande

Is this lens stabilized? I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

I love my Lumix 14-42 and 45-200 because of the OIS, but I can't justify shelling out this kind of cash for a lens without it.

Thanks!

It's truly unfortunate that this lens does not have OIS. Like many of you, I have the 20 f/1.7 which is optically very close to the 25 f/1.4. You really should get something more than a little longer and a little faster for the much bigger and more costly 25mm f/1.4. For the money and size, I don't feel I can justify the purchase. If it had OIS, I would probably buy it.

biglouis

It's truly unfortunate that this lens does not have OIS. Like many of you, I have the 20 f/1.7 which is optically very close to the 25 f/1.4. You really should get something more than a little longer and a little faster for the much bigger and more costly 25mm f/1.4. For the money and size, I don't feel I can justify the purchase. If it had OIS, I would probably buy it.
If you think about the maximum aperture, which is the whole basis for the lens, then OIS is a bit redundant. You have to be in very, very low light to have need of it. In fact in bright sunlight you really are fighting to get the speed from exceeding the shutter range.

LouisB

A

Arie Intveld

Some night shots during a mild December evening in Calgary. All handheld at shutter speeds between 1/25sec and 1/60sec at ISO1600 ...

B

bahamot

Just got this puppy, here's test shot that I just took (focused on the 45 mark, f1.4 on GF1, tripod, iso100, 10 secs timer):