The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pictures from Crete

jonoslack

Hi there
I've finally got around to processing our shots from Crete.
The vast majority of these were shot with the E-P3 . . . but there are one or two Leica shots interspersed.

I hope you enjoy:

South West Crete

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Jono,

Looks to have been a wonderful trip...

Visually not your strongest work... however the E-P3 acquits itself well...especially the Loutro series...

Love these

http://www.slack.co.uk/newsite/2011/crete/loutro/large-9.html

http://www.slack.co.uk/newsite/2011/crete/loutro/large-16.html

This M9 portait is a classic:

http://www.slack.co.uk/newsite/2011/crete/people/large-34.html

And you must realize that you have set the bar so high previously that one
looks for that subtle wonderful vision so well seen in...your kitchen at home.

I do realize that this was holiday first ... photo expedition second. The three captures above would be worthy of anyone's efforts for the year.

With humble regards,

Bob

jonoslack

Jono,

Looks to have been a wonderful trip...

Visually not your strongest work... however the E-P3 acquits itself well...especially the Loutro series...

I do realize that this was holiday first ... photo expedition second. The three captures above would be worthy of anyone's efforts for the year.

With humble regards,

Bob
Hi Bob
Thanks for the kind words - Glad you liked that portrait - it might inspire me to do a bit more PP with it.

jonoslack

Jono,

I knew you had a good reason to get rid of the EP3:confused: Nice photos as always!

Take care,

Bruce
:ROTFL:
Thanks Bruce

Wonderful photos Jono. I almost prefer the EP3 output! Don't tell me you really got rid of it?
Yeah well :loco: I guess.

Certainly the camera did nothing wrong while I was there, and I was pretty pleased with the results.

The reason for selling the m4/3 kit might be nuts, but it is reasoned:

Basically, although I went with the 45 micro and the 12 f2, I really used the EP3 with the 14-150 zoom and the VF2 all the time - which was fine, and worked well . . . except . . . that it wasn't really that small.

A little research shows that a NEX7 with an 18-200 is only a little bigger, and only a little heavier. It has the benefit that I'm using the A77 anyway, and so the PP is similar. It also has more external controls, more resolution (which matters more to me for my stuff than better high ISO) and a better EVF (not that the Olympus one is bad.

So I just rationalised by selling off my Pentax and m4/3 kit - I now just have Leica and Sony. Neither the Pentax or the m4/3 caused me any grief - great output and lovely handling - no criticism . . . I'd just prefer the Sony kit.

all the best

Terry

Hi Jono - as usual a lot of nice shots and you disappoint with the overloaded boat from the nudist camp :D.