The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH-2 remote control question

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello all,

I am experimenting with using the GH-2 to record interviews, and pieces to camera. I see from the manual that the Panny remote (RSL1) plugs in to the mini 2.5 jack—now that's really inconvenient, because that's where my radio mic plugs in, too.

Anyone know any way around this? It would be immensely helpful to be able to focus, and start/stop recording via this device, but plugging the mic input into the same mini-jack is also essential.

Most cameras with this capacity have a wireless (IR) remote for this reason...

kds315

The Panasonic Lumix only use those parts to trigger, so I guess you could solder an Y-adaptor with two cables, one for the trigger, one for the mic.

(that's proven to work, soldered one myself)

You'd just need to figure out the pin connection of that external mic, but it "could" well be like this:

so ground would be #2, right channel#3, left channel #4 (best to try it out)

Wish you luck!

Last edited:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello Klaus,

That looks excellent—any chance you could make one for me—I will be happy to pay!

Cheers, Kit

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Because I can't get this made here where I am! I do thank you sincerely for the design. I will PM you to elaborate. Cheers, and thanks again, KL

kds315

Go check it out first before you make it (or have it made), I don't know how the mic is really wired!

Wish you luck!