The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where do I find the DCIM folder in PhotofunStudio?

I'm pretty new to digital cameras and this is the first time that I am attempting to transfer photos from such a camera to a PC. I really am in over my head (film is so much more straight forward by comparison.) I have PhotofunStudio installed on my PC but my G2 instruction manual is a bit vague with regards to transferring of pics. It says that I have to double click the DCIM folder but I cannot see that folder anwhere on the screen on the PhotofunStudio interface.

The camera is currently connected to the PC via the supplied USB cable and "PC" is selected on the LCD monitor and I pressed MENU/SET button but no photos are being transferred that I can see. The manual found in the software is not the best either. It says that in case the Copy to PC screen is not displayed (which it is not) I have to click the PHOTOfunSTUDIO icon in the Windows Automatic Playback Window but I see no such window either. I am seriously lost!

By the way, when I press MENU/SET, some sort of symbol appears on the camera's LCD monitor. But apart from that, nothing else seems to be happening. I'm expecting to see lots of photos pop up on the PC's monitor but that is not the case.