The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

We need 1 more prime lens for m4/3s.

jsnack

Now that we have a 7.5, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 25, 45s...available as small, fast lenses we need at least one more.

A fast 90mm or 100mm (180-200 equal) would pretty much round out the m4/3s line up as far as prime lenses are concerned.

I know you can use another brand lens with an adapter, but it would be nice to have a longer lens that focuses as fast as Oly's new 45/1.8.

Perhaps next year.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
+1

There was a 100mm macro on the lens road map for 4/3 for years, but it never materialised. Now is the time :)

I would also like to see Sigma's 50-150mm f/2.8 in m4/3 mount, the new version with OS.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well,

this is why I am getting slowly upset with all that M43 hype! Waiting for lot of lenses and they don't materialize :mad:

Meanwhile I am doing much more again with other cameras just because of this long lacking of needed primes. And patience is disappearing ......

Peter

kweide

I do own now mFT 12mm f2, mFT 25mm f1.4, mFT 45mm f1.8. I think that a very good travel combination, a dream lens park :) Yes a mFT 90 mm f2 would be perfect too but i can live with my Zuiko 50 mm f1.4 and/or Summicron 90 f2.0 as temp. standin

biglouis

What I want is 17/2 Summicron or Summilux. The Lumix 20/1.7 is close and of course there is the Oly 17/2.8 but I want the signature of the new 25/1.4 or the Lumix 20/1.7 in a 35mm equivalent.

LouisB

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Canon 5D2 and 1.2/50 plus 1.2/85 are currently my favorite lenses! And a 1.4/24 will be added soon :)

Amin

14, 20, and 45 are enough to cover 95% of my needs. 2% of the time I'd like wider, and 3% longer, so while I'd like lenses to cover those possibilities, I can wait! :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
7.5 is the Korean manual fisheye, sold under different names
8 is the Pana fisheye
17 is Olympus f/2.8
25 are the PanaLeica f/1.4 and the Voigtlander f/0.95

One prime that works very well on m4/3 is the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 in 4/3 mount. AF on newer bodies and automatic aperture. It's a beast but balances fine on the GH1/2. Great for portraits!

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen! Presently I am making do with the ones I mentioned above, but the Oly 12 and 45 seem very tempting!

Cheers, KL

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
How are you folks finding the PanaLeica 25mm f/1.4? I've seen a few examples posted, but not enough to make me pull the trigger yet and gamble on a lens that expensive for M4/3 without serious investigation. Is it's image quality that far superior to the 20 f/1.7? Is it up to quality with regular Leica ultra-wides?

Warmest Regards,
Chuck Jones

ggibson

I'd like to see Panasonic start incorporating their optical stabilization into their pancakes or any new focal-length lenses. They did it for the 14-42mm X lens, now let's see a stabilized 17mm or 20mm redesign.